General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User TMCR
(member) Mon 14-Apr-14 01:49:24
Print Post

FTTC/P LSFARN

[link to this post]

A friend has just moved house and will be in the Farningham exchange area. He has no phone line at present and estimates of broadband speeds are pretty dire, under 1Mbps - so bad that Sky have refused to transfer him as they would not be able to provide a service within their own terms ! So he's currently calling BT and the rest, but that's not the question.

In the Openreach list of 'coming soon' exchanges LSFARN is shown as FTTC/P Jun-14 - how does he get to find out if he will be able to get FTTP or a likely estimate of FTTC speeds if not ? SamKnows reports that he's 3.75Km from the exchange and the BT checker say's he's on cabinet 7.

I'm only asking myself as he's got no Internet connection just now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Virgin Cable (L30)
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Mon 14-Apr-14 07:48:36
Print Post

Re: FTTC/P LSFARN

[re: TMCR] [link to this post]

FTTC. PCP is located http://goo.gl/maps/HxzWx .Any idea how far the property is from the cabinet?

Edited by Ribble (Mon 14-Apr-14 07:49:17)

Standard User TMCR
(member) Mon 14-Apr-14 14:15:54
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

From there, about 350-400 metres, Underground ducting is seen all up the same road

Virgin Cable (L30)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TMCR
(member) Wed 04-Jun-14 16:49:04
Print Post

Electrical works have just been carried out in the last few days, on behalf of BT according to roadworks.org. Wonder how long before they start to accept orders now ?
I am going down there myself next week so will try and look for the new cabinet around where the existing P9 is.

Virgin Cable (L30)
Standard User TMCR
(member) Fri 27-Jun-14 13:11:58
Print Post

Drat - BT checker shows this has slipped, again, from Jun 30th to Sept 30th frown

Then again, the new cabinet is there, I've seen it myself, and electrics have been done, so it make be sooner - I keep looking...

Virgin Cable (L30)
  Print Thread

Jump to