General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Jackalbond007
(newbie) Wed 23-Apr-14 19:53:48
Print Post

BT NEW CUSTOMER RULES

[link to this post]

Does anyone know if I can cancel BT ADSL broadband at the end of contract and take as a new customer with free sainsbury gift cards and 6 months reduced line rental?
I finish my contract in May but have paid line rental till Jan 2015. I loose this if I move providers. They not offering any promotions due to the fact that I will loose the line rental if I move.

Anyone here with some good ideas or recommendations to switch to fibre deal?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 23-Apr-14 21:01:47
Print Post

Re: BT NEW CUSTOMER RULES

[re: Jackalbond007] [link to this post]

I haven't done the sums. (That's your job tongue). How does it work out if you move to Plusnet Fibre and pay the setup fee and slight extra per month until you can take Plusnet annual discounted rental (and get the fibre cheaper), and how in fact do either of those stack up against losing your pre-paid rental and taking Plusnet line/calls/fibre with £100 cashback from Quidco?

Do you really not get any rental refund? Not pro-rata but whatever results from Jan 2014 to leaving date at full price, minus what you have paid, plus the reduced rate payable for the outstanding months?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User hippyharry
(regular) Wed 23-Apr-14 23:25:51
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

No refund on Line Savers

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13962...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Apr-14 08:45:02
Print Post

With Sky you have to have been a non-customer for at least 12 months to be considered a new customer. I can't find anything specific to define "new customer" on the BT pages but suspect it would be similar to stop exactly what you are looking to do.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Thu 24-Apr-14 09:15:53
Print Post

NO.

You have to have a significant break in service probably around 12 months and not just a day or two.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User flippery
(committed) Thu 24-Apr-14 10:12:45
Print Post

I would cancel broadband with BT and Transfer to a One month supplier, depending on usage.
In January have option of all deals available.
Fibre requires 12 months contract and seems phone line as well.
Look at EE if mobile user.

Edited by flippery (Thu 24-Apr-14 10:14:56)

Standard User Jackalbond007
(newbie) Thu 24-Apr-14 19:13:32
Print Post

Thanks to all for their help.

I was curious to see what my options were after finishing the contract.
BT replied':-

You must give 30 daysí notice in order to cancel the contract. The contract ends on 29th May 2014 so you can give the 30 daysí notice any time from 30th April onwards.

Please call us on 0800 800 030 option 1 from 30th April onwards and we can cancel BT Broadband for you.

If you donít contact us the service will remain active but will increase to the standard price of £27.14 per month from 30th May 2014 onwards.''

SERIOUSLY THEY DONT EVEN HAVE A PRICE OF £27.14 ON THEIR WEBSITE FOR ADSL UNLIMITED BRAODBAND. I CAN SEE £16 PM AND NOTHING MORE OTHER THAN FIBER.

IS THIS LEGAL TO CHARGE A REDICULOUSLY HIGHER RATE.
frown
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Apr-14 21:27:00
Print Post

Sure that doesn't include line rental?

Perfectly legal, if you don't want it then leave BT.

I see a standard ADSL package at £21, the package you have may be a grandfathered one.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 25-Apr-14 03:16:25
Print Post

Perfectly legal! The prices you see on their website are for new custs, which you are not.
In reply to a post by Jackalbond007:
If you donít contact us the service will remain active but will increase to the standard price of £27.14 per month from 30th May 2014 onwards.
What phone Calling Plan do you have in that?

There is no legacy Unlimited ADSL BB in their price list anywhere near that. Even with Anytime Calls it's £22.35. The nearest to yours is £27.67 for older Total BB 3 + E/We Calls. Could that be yours?

See: pp 42/43 of Tariff Guide for Residential Customers. Perhaps you ought to draw this to their attention.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Fri 25-Apr-14 03:18:52)

Standard User rscott
(member) Fri 25-Apr-14 11:24:26
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
Sure that doesn't include line rental?

Perfectly legal, if you don't want it then leave BT.

I see a standard ADSL package at £21, the package you have may be a grandfathered one.

I haven't been able to find this on BT's site - could you point me to this in their offer terms?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to