General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User adrian109
(regular) Mon 28-Apr-14 17:15:31
Print Post

Best Fibre ISP to help with IP Profile/DLM issues?

[link to this post]

My BT Infinity contract ends in the next month and I'm considering changing. I have had speed reductions going from Infinity 1 to 2 with BT. I have since swapped my HH5 which was constantly disconnecting with a Netgear router and unlocked Openreach modem. BT support said they are unable to help me cos they can't access the HH5 to see its stats and if I want to continue to get help would have to pay for it!

Am considering Zen as I used them in the past for ADSL and they seemed to have good tech support.

Anyone else recommend Zen or equivalent ISP to switch to?
Standard User nemeth782
(regular) Tue 29-Apr-14 07:39:41
Print Post

Re: Best Fibre ISP to help with IP Profile/DLM issues?

[re: adrian109] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adrian109:
My BT Infinity contract ends in the next month and I'm considering changing. I have had speed reductions going from Infinity 1 to 2 with BT. I have since swapped my HH5 which was constantly disconnecting with a Netgear router and unlocked Openreach modem. BT support said they are unable to help me cos they can't access the HH5 to see its stats and if I want to continue to get help would have to pay for it!

Am considering Zen as I used them in the past for ADSL and they seemed to have good tech support.

Anyone else recommend Zen or equivalent ISP to switch to?

"best" ISP in terms of support is AAISP, they will fix your issue, they have such a reputation for it that they now offer a service whereby if you switch to them with an existing issue and tell them about it they will fix it in a month or let you out of contract.

On the other hand, you get what you pay for. They aren't cheap and there is no unlimited option.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 29-Apr-14 10:36:06
Print Post

Re: Best Fibre ISP to help with IP Profile/DLM issues?

[re: nemeth782] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by nemeth782:
On the other hand, you get what you pay for. They aren't cheap and there is no unlimited option.
On the unit-based tariffs there is the 1GB per unit night-time rate. Effectively unlimited, but just not in peak time smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to