General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User PaulieM
(learned) Tue 29-Apr-14 09:37:37
Print Post

Unable to order any broadband or telephone product!

[link to this post]

Hi,

I have just moved into a home in which the previous owners had a SKY fibre enabled telephone line.

They have left the house and we have moved in and they have duly cancelled the line. The cancellation is not due to take place until the 14th May. Until the 14th May we are unable to order any service from BT or Sky on this line.

Waiting until the 14th May is going to be a real pain and I need to do something to get the SKY service off the line as soon as possible. I did speak to a SKY adviser who just explained that it is tough luck and there is nothing that they can do about it.

Any ideas from anyone to accelerate the process would be really helpful as we are a bit stuck here.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 29-Apr-14 09:39:03
Print Post

Re: Unable to order any broadband or telephone product!

[re: PaulieM] [link to this post]

Order a new telephone line in addition to the existing one and then just live the existing one dormant once it has hit is cancellation date.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Discus
(experienced) Tue 29-Apr-14 19:31:42
Print Post

[re: PaulieM] [link to this post]

Do you have a Sky or TalkTalk router? Plug it in and use the internet if the line is still active. That is what we did when we moved in to our house. Didn't make any outgoing calls though as that would be a little too naughty.

http://www.holidayalmeria.co.uk - Holiday apartment website
http://www.marksfish.me.uk - Personal fishkeeping website

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulieM
(learned) Tue 29-Apr-14 19:34:22
Print Post

[re: Discus] [link to this post]

Good idea, and it is what I have done.

I spoke to the guy that we bought the house from and he has kindly given me his Sky router to use until the line ceases. So back online now. Once it has ceased I will expedite a Zen Internet Fibre Optic connection - will still end up being down for a number of days though.
  Print Thread

Jump to