General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RaveDave
(newbie) Wed 30-Apr-14 17:11:23
Print Post

Master Socket

[link to this post]

I am considering upgrading to a fibre package, after reading through what changes are made in the property, it mentions that for too have fibre the BT engineer puts a faceplate on the master socket in the house, the master socket in my house though is not a NTE5 socket going by wikipedia it looks like one of the older type LJ sockets it has two spaces for plug connections, it is not a two line system and only one plug space is used for my phone. With the standard procedure saying that the BT engineer simply replaces the faceplate on a NTE5 socket, is my setup going to present a problem for BT? and one that they are going to want paid to resolve.

Hopefully someone can help

Dave
Standard User ansam
(learned) Wed 30-Apr-14 17:27:21
Print Post

Re: Master Socket

[re: RaveDave] [link to this post]

Hello,

I had a really old socket in my house as well, and when I had problems with my ADSL connection the engineer just took the old box way and replaced it with a new NTE5 socket. As far as I am aware he didn't have to do anything special.

Thanks
Sam

Edited by ansam (Wed 30-Apr-14 17:27:31)

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-Apr-14 18:44:37
Print Post

[re: RaveDave] [link to this post]

Fret not, the engineer will just replace the current LJU with an NTE, and fit the faceplate filter to that. No issue at all. smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RaveDave
(newbie) Wed 30-Apr-14 22:57:22
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Thanks to the both of you for replying. Good news indeed.
  Print Thread

Jump to