General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User digi
(member) Wed 30-Apr-14 17:22:49
Print Post

Seperate phone & FTTC providers?

[link to this post]

Hi,

If I have the Post Office's HomePhone (12 months line rental), wanted to keep it and wanted FTTC (switching from ADSL2+) then is Plusnet's 'Unlimited Fibre Broadband' upto 76mb unlimited at £22.49 p/m the only/best option?

I believe with BT, Sky, Talktalk etc FTTC packages I must switch my phone line to them?

I think there are some smaller FTTC resellers who can do broadband only too but their unlimited FTTC package prices, if they have one, seem much higher than the big players. If they were able to offer additional features (like a block of static IPs) then I might be willing to pay a bit more.

Thanks.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 30-Apr-14 17:52:05
Print Post

Re: Seperate phone & FTTC providers?

[re: digi] [link to this post]

Zen Unlimited FTTC is another option, but there is the supplement for not taking their phone, but do get the static IP, reverse DNS stuff

Beyond that the price for unlimited FTTC shoots up

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 01-May-14 13:57:23
Print Post

BT will do BB Only when you have your WLR line with another provider, if you phone up.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-May-14 15:16:27
Print Post

The smaller isp's do offer blocks of IP addresses if you can provide a good enough reason for needing more than 1, But even the offer of a static ip is rare with the bigger ISP's
  Print Thread

Jump to