General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User indigobanana
(learned) Thu 01-May-14 19:51:49
Print Post

FTTC/P Exchange & Cabinet Map for Cumbria!

[link to this post]

Introducing...

The Cumbria Fibre Map

This is a little something I've been working on for the past few weeks from the scattered information that I've been able to get together, and will try to keep updated at least once a week. It includes the exchanges and their upgrade status (Enabled/Coming Soon/Future Exchange/Under Evaluation/Not Currently in Plans) as well as... wait for it... fibre cabinets and detailed information regarding enabled status, enabled date, location, although this is rough and often in the wrong place, and any problems that specific cabs might have which is delaying them from being enabled. Some cabs are missing from the map as I was unable to find any information about cabs on certain exchanges (if anyone could help me out with that I would be very grateful), for example Brampton and Grange-Over-Sands are notable omissions. I plan to keep the map updated, and when cabs go live I can add them if they're not already there.

For the commercially enabled exchanges I have planned cab info, these are in yellow. Delayed cabs are also in yellow. Unfortunately this data is not available for cabs under the Connecting Cumbria programme (as far as I'm aware - apart from the odd time when cabs seem to be given a go live date on the ADSL wholesale checker - there were a few in villages near Penrith which do not appear to be part of the commercial rollout, yet they have a date set). Phase info is also available for commercial cabs. To search for a specific cab, simply use the search tab to the right of the map (for example if you are on Carlisle cab 43, type Carlisle and a list of the cabs will come up) and you can click on #43 and it will show it's location on the map and give you info about the status of the cab.

How up to date is the information?? - Well, up to today [1st May], not including any errors. If you see any obvious errors (apart from cab locations, although this is something I may try to improve the accuracy of as time goes by) don't be afraid to say. It's possible I got some of the BDUK enabled cab numbers mixed up as they do not include cab numbers on their PDF document. Sigh...

With PlusNet on 20CN ADSL Max, I live in hope...

Fibre in Cumbria Exchange & Cab Map

Edited by indigobanana (Thu 01-May-14 19:53:35)

Standard User rd350ypvs
(member) Fri 02-May-14 10:58:19
Print Post

Re: FTTC/P Exchange & Cabinet Map for Cumbria!

[re: indigobanana] [link to this post]

hi Indigo

A few of the cabs on Walney are in the wrong place (approx correct)

cab 6 should be located at the junction of The promenade and Baden Powell street
cab 2 should be opposite junction between central drive and park avenue
cab 1 should be Amphitrite street junction with Ocean road

these are off the top of my head m8

cheers
(learned) Fri 02-May-14 11:56:52
Print Post

[re: rd350ypvs] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by rd350ypvs:
hi Indigo

A few of the cabs on Walney are in the wrong place (approx correct)

cab 6 should be located at the junction of The promenade and Baden Powell street
cab 2 should be opposite junction between central drive and park avenue
cab 1 should be Amphitrite street junction with Ocean road

these are off the top of my head m8

cheers

Thanks, will update the map shortly. Couldn't find Cab 2 though on Street View, unless it's here, I'm kind of confused with the other street furniture that's there so if someone could confirm that would be great.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.107341,-3.248341,3...

I'm planning on adding a new feature where it will say if a cab's location has been confirmed. I'll give anyone credit for correctly locating them.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User rd350ypvs
(member) Fri 02-May-14 12:13:43
Print Post

That equipment was the new Orange/02 mast fitted about 1.5yrs ago
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 02-May-14 13:43:40
Print Post

Nice map, great work covering such a large area.

(learned) Fri 02-May-14 16:38:06
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Thanks R0NSKI, great job on yours as well. It's not been as difficult as it looks as I was able to get the info in Excel and import it through a CSV file, although there was quite a bit of manual checking involved.

(regular) Fri 02-May-14 21:57:23
Print Post

Map has been updated today 2/5/14. Quite a few changes and 2 cabs enabled so decided to update the map already.

Cabs now live:
- Carlisle Cab 100
- Workington Cab 28

Whitehaven Cab 19 lost Estimated Date (was Apr 14).

Cabinets in Sedbergh, Alston, Flookburgh, Millom, Allonby and Windermere moved to more logical estimated location (i.e. not in the sea or on a mountain)

Cabinet confirmed location info added to markers on map

Locations confirmed:
- Walney #1 - rd350ypvs
- Walney #6 - rd350ypvs
- Kirkby Stephen #1
- Kirkby Stephen #2
- Kirkby Stephen #3
- Kirkby Stephen #4
- Kirkby Stephen #5
- Langwathby #2
- Orton #1
- Orton #2
- Ravensworth #1
- Ravensworth #2
- Brough #1
- Bassenthwaite Lake #1

(regular) Sun 31-Aug-14 19:27:49
Print Post

Completed a huge update today (31st Aug) for the unofficial Cumbria broadband & cabinet map.

http://www.click2map.com/v2/indigobanana/FTTC_Cumbria

Plenty of exchanges have been moved forward to be enabled by the end of the year. Also I now have info about which cabs are planned to be enabled in the future under the BDUK project.

Jamie.

Standard User rarrar
(member) Sun 31-Aug-14 20:09:00
Print Post

Great map and a lot of work.
Keswick cabinet 4 is actually located corner Station Street and St Johns Street., I understand that cabinet work was suspended during the school holidays at the request of Highways; so hoping to see my cabinet go live in the next few months.
Standard User Fastman2
(member) Sun 31-Aug-14 20:51:24
Print Post

curious abut how you have info about which cabs are planned to be enabled in the future under the BDUK project -- .
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to