General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 04-May-14 20:12:19
Print Post

Pembroke (SWPM) Build out started?

[link to this post]

Noticed today that a new Cabinet has appeared on Upper Lamphey Road by the junction with Bishops Park. Looks like the images I have seen of FTTC cabs, not sure where the cab is that this will be linked to as passing by I didnt notice a PCP by it - but maybe I missed that. The sign by the street works says that it is being carried out by Carillion on behalf of BT.

Looks like we might finally be getting somewhere, I just have to hope that PCP29 gets served, Its mostly residential with only a Pub and a convenience store on it, all the other business premises are across the "river" and are most likely on the PCPs that (like them) are on Main Street (imaginative name huh?).

I envy my sister she has a PCP outside of her garden wall, IF she gets fibre there then her copper line could end up being measured in Inches blush)

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed
VIVACITI Surfwise LLU - Finally free of the BTw crawl, but not of BT's speculative invoicing (AKA SFI charges)
SWPM a BT Group investment "Not Spot"

My BQM
Standard User tialaramex
(newbie) Mon 05-May-14 12:43:57
Print Post

Re: Pembroke (SWPM) Build out started?

[re: warweezil] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by warweezil:
Noticed today that a new Cabinet has appeared on Upper Lamphey Road by the junction with Bishops Park. Looks like the images I have seen of FTTC cabs, not sure where the cab is that this will be linked to as passing by I didnt notice a PCP by it - but maybe I missed that. The sign by the street works says that it is being carried out by Carillion on behalf of BT.

The new FTTC cabinet can be some distance away from the PCP (other posters might know an upper limit). I have seen them on the far side of roads, around corners, and so on. The one serving me is a good couple of minute's walk along a side street for no obvious reason. Sometimes (but not always) there will be freshly laid tarmac connecting the two where they had to dig a trench.
Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-May-14 15:28:44
Print Post

Cab 11 is about 20-30 meters from the junction.

http://goo.gl/GLQ35c

Orange BB 5856/448

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-May-14 19:32:32
Print Post

[re: tialaramex] [link to this post]

I spotted another today at the end of Holyland Road just near mini roundabout at the top of town, it is about 20 feet and around the corner from the nearest PCP. Looking at it, it seems they have started this at the most easterly point from the exchange, the 2 cabs I have seen so far are on the edge of Pembroke - The first one I saw being around 5km from the exchange building at Pembroke Dock I hope to see a new cabinet snuggled up to PCP 29 in the next couple of weeks - especially as the cable infrastructure is all carried in a duct that passes 40feet from PCP29 on its way across the bridge into the town centre.

Maybe I will finally get a decent and stable service here.

VIVACITI Surfwise LLU - Finally free of the BTw crawl, but not of BT's speculative invoicing (AKA SFI charges)

My BQM
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 07-May-14 21:24:49
Print Post

Is there any way of finding out which pcps in a particular area are going to be fibre enabled under the Superfarce Cymru scheme?

My BQM
Standard User ian007jen
(member) Thu 08-May-14 08:29:34
Print Post

Simple answer......No

Ribble found out the 3 cabs in Haverfordwest that are accepting orders...at least another 6 cabs not AO yet.

Ian
Standard User Colin_London
(member) Fri 09-May-14 00:26:20
Print Post

Cabinet for PCP10 in Cosheston has appeared according to my 'local contact'.

How lucky for Cosh residents that they have managed to get a cab out in the village - given the slow speeds experienced there I think that cab will be selling out pretty quickly smile

Edited by Colin_London (Fri 09-May-14 00:32:07)

Standard User Rybero
(newbie) Fri 09-May-14 00:45:05
Print Post

[re: Colin_London] [link to this post]

Does anyone have any information on options for me?
My house is supplied by a cable coming straight from the exchange. It doesn't go through a cabinet.

FTTP? Any dates on that.
(member) Fri 09-May-14 00:47:58
Print Post

Just a hint guys, searching the Pembrokeshire CC Planning Portal for applications using key words like 'Openreach' and 'Cabinet' can throw up several hits. 'Openreach' resulted in the following for Pembroke:

'South of Park View, West Street, Pembroke, Pembrokeshire'
'Cabinet PCP007, Eastgate House, 144, Main Street, Pembroke, Pembrokeshire, SA71 4HN'
'West of 54 Main Street, Pembroke, SA71 4NP'
'East of Cross Cottage, Cosheston, Pembroke Dock, SA72 4UH'
'North west of Fleet Surgeons House, 1 The Terrace, The Dockyard, Pembroke Dock, SA62 6YH'
'Corner of Fort Road/Admiralty Way, Pembroke Dock, Pembrokeshire'
'Outside 2-4, Northgate Street, Pembroke, SA71 4NR'

and 'Openrach' produced!

'Opposite 20, Tremeyrick Street, Pembroke Dock, SA72 6DX'

There are also links to the details of each application which contains their PCP number. From that, and DSL Checker, you can work out whether you are going to be served by one wink

Edited by Colin_London (Fri 09-May-14 01:08:47)

(member) Fri 09-May-14 00:50:33
Print Post

[re: Rybero] [link to this post]

Anyone, anywhere that is connected directly to the exchange unfortunately cannot get FTTC at the moment.

FTTP on demand will eventually become available in most FTTC areas, but it is extortionately expensive. So you may be stuck with 24Mbps ADSL2+ for some time frown
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to