General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User UKDuck
(newbie) Mon 05-May-14 20:45:13
Print Post

'SUPERFAST' fibre optic .... NOT!!!!!!

[link to this post]

I checked online to see when B.T. Fibre optic was going to be available.
The green cabinet appeared down the road so I thought it wouldn't be long since the BT webpage estimated I could get 'SUPERFAST' Infinity in November.

So I waited .... mmm the webpage had changed to December now.
Ah OK a small hiccup perhaps.
Waited more ..... December passed so the webpage was changed to January ....
mmm ah I thought, maybe they dont know much?
So I rang them up to ask.
LOL what a complete mess. Nobody knew anything at all and couldn't give me any info on any contacts apart from giving me a number to ring which was the number I just rang to speak to them. hahahahaha when something grows to big it has tentacles not helping hands. Over complex systems?
So I kept checking.
Now it's May 2014 and the webpage is just being changed to match the month. .......
In other words, the cabinet down the road may or may not ever get 'SUPERFAST'!
But then I thought hang on. When I rang them at the end of last year to ask if I could get Infinity, they said, we'll sign you up so you are ready ....... READY! mmmmm
So they would be taking my had earned cash for over half a year and still not have given me the 'SUPERFAST', but had the money from a connection for themselves.
Telling folk its 'almost there' online, 'signing you up' and just not providing the end package is a little bit 'dark'?
If you sign up now you're ready to GOOOO ... nowhere.
B.T. get your act together, signing folk up, giving FALSE hopes, with v badly 'estimated' availability dates is v poor service. I'm sure you wouldn't deliberately plan this course of action so you get more profit?
Answers on a postcard as its quicker than my 'dialup' speed.
The webpages are getting more data demanding now but the speed stays the same. So you effectively end up like the dialup days where you sit waiting all the time!
A bit like our wages fall but bills rocket? A familiar theme all round .. v sad for the 'space age'.
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Mon 05-May-14 20:59:06
Print Post

Re: 'SUPERFAST' fibre optic .... NOT!!!!!!

[re: UKDuck] [link to this post]

But then I thought hang on. When I rang them at the end of last year to ask if I could get Infinity, they said, we'll sign you up so you are ready ....... READY! mmmmm
So they would be taking my had earned cash for over half a year and still not have given me the 'SUPERFAST', but had the money from a connection for themselves.

I'd suspect that's just to record your interest and that they would contact you when they can provide service. I can't see any ISP deliberately taking money indefinitely in advance.
Standard User UKDuck
(newbie) Mon 05-May-14 21:05:26
Print Post

btw

when anything grows so big .. like an empire, country, you have to be v v careful.
With great power, that means lots n lots n lots of dosh basically, you could end up being a 'naughty boy' if there aren't really any effective ways to curb unethical moves etc.

I have heard ALOT about many big companies and was not surprised to hear horror stories and the 'rich = right' stamp all over plain old folk ...... because they can.

Don't be so naive in thinking the 'smiling mask' is real.
I mean what on EARTH .... big companies that you cant really 'contact'.
No one can give you an open and honest answer anymore.
What you going to do ? NOTHING because legislation has been lobbied to death.
These 'things' are so big and complicated nobody dares do anything at all.
So EVERYONE just sits and says "I don't know".
and we ALL end up on forums like this because the 'CONTRACT' is broken, we have NO ONE to turn to apart from each other ............ while some FAT CATS sit on their millions laughing all night in their chocolate filled bubbly Jacuzzi!!!!!!!
(oh and 100meg broadband in every room including the bog)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User UKDuck
(newbie) Mon 05-May-14 21:11:30
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

no he said to sign up and get their broadband to be ready for the fibre, actually he tried his hardest.
Im with Talktalk atm
but the false hope almost had me, I declined, luckly as I would now have, rightly so, felt quite resentful by now.

Any other business saying xyz , like when can you fix my roof?
"Likely next week" .................. etc etc, next comes etc etc next week again ...
not acceptable!
likely , maybe, perhaps,
all big business is now v selfish.
expecting the public to bend over backwards and be SOO flexible while they have a totally free hand.

Edited by UKDuck (Mon 05-May-14 21:13:44)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 05-May-14 21:16:36
Print Post

TT will also do FTTC.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User UKDuck
(newbie) Mon 05-May-14 21:22:57
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

if you publish an estimated time of arrival for a particular service and say sign up with us now so you are ready, you would think mmmmm ok it will all be set for the change this month.

6 months later you would still be on the same broadband speed (NOT fibre) but BT would have had your cash and not Talktalk.
Promising something soon ... its all psychology ...isnt it? People get paid to find 'ways' to increase profit any way they can.
Not illegal but .............
Does that make sense?
Standard User zom22
(regular) Mon 05-May-14 21:25:25
Print Post

Well why don't you come and live here then!

My two local cabinets are not going to be done under BDUK
So that is no FTTC for me, not tomorrow, not by 2015 - and probably not ever unless as they put it "more funding is made available"... from somewhere.

So If I was you I'd be extremely grateful that my taxes are contributing to the fact that you are due to get FTTC broadband....shortly....and quit moaning.

PS I'm 7 miles from a city centre not in the middle of nowhere half way up a mountain
Standard User UKDuck
(newbie) Mon 05-May-14 21:32:35
Print Post

[re: zom22] [link to this post]

i might not even be getting it.
There is no way of finding out if its going to be connected.
My gripe is with BT.
But you're gripe is with me 'moaning'???

I guess same old story, like I said before, no one to talk to about it so we only have each other? Carry on if you feel I have done an injustice to you. But watch your conscience, it can only take so much. ... . ..... ..

Not the best way to make friends Bro.
Brother in arms or divided and conquered? I prefer to stick together under duress/oppression etc etc

Edited by UKDuck (Mon 05-May-14 21:40:16)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 05-May-14 21:39:29
Print Post

In reply to a post by UKDuck:
Not the best way to make friends Bro.
He/She has probably got more of those than you, especially on forums.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 05-May-14 21:48:24
Print Post

You seem unaware that Openreach are rolling out fibre for the benefit of all ISP's not just the BT ISP.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to