General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User pehaw
(learned) Wed 07-May-14 22:37:01
Print Post

FTTC status request

[link to this post]

You're probably sick to the back teeth of these but can someone in the know (i'm looking a you Mr Saffron...) have a check of BENTON cabinet 49 if poss. please?

Nothing on the dsl checker but cab is there - would be nice to know a bit more detail...

Thanks in advance

Edited by pehaw (Wed 07-May-14 22:37:26)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 07-May-14 23:13:15
Print Post

Re: FTTC status request

[re: pehaw] [link to this post]

Does a date of 30th June 2014 help?

Though its again an end of quarter date, which are the ones that are most likely to be missed it seems.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User hectorgraham
(newbie) Thu 08-May-14 05:59:30
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi Mr Saffron,
Could I please request some info on the cabinet that I'm connected to. The cabinet in question is cabinet 4 on the Dumfries exchange, my postcode is DG2 7ST for getting information on the bt wholesale address checker and if you just select one of the houses from the list given you will see that my cabinet is due to be enabled by the 31st of may 2014 ( end of this month ). A week ago I walked past the cabinet and the power is definitely connected because when I put my ear to the cabinet for a few seconds there was definitely a hum coming from it. I was just interested in knowing if my cabinet was still on track for being enabled at the end of the month. I'm quite hopeful due to the fact that in your previous post you mentioned that the cabinets that have dates for being enabled that are at the end of the quarter tend to get missed but my cabinet has an end of May date which looks more hopeful as being a bit more accurate. Thanks for your help and sorry for the very long post, Hector Graham.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User eckiedoo
(committed) Thu 08-May-14 07:20:09
Print Post

[re: hectorgraham] [link to this post]

My local FTTC cabinet was also scheduled for 30th May 2014; and has been operational for about 3 weeks now, with one connection showing up 4 times on TBB Broadband Map.

The physical installation started about November last year, the foundations for the cabinet.

The physical cabinet appeared about February this year, with progressive, intermittent installation of power, fbre conduit, fibre itself, local links to PCP etc.

I am not sure; but there may have been two or three weeks delay, whilst a section of conduit about 1/2 mile away at the main road was replaced.
(newbie) Thu 08-May-14 08:06:28
Print Post

[re: eckiedoo] [link to this post]

Hi there eckiedoo,
Just out of interest could please tell us what exchange you are connected to and which cabinet. Thanks for replying to my post, I hadn't actually thought about the TBB Broadband Map so thanks for reminding me about that. I suspect the delay might be something like a blocked conduit between the cabinet and the exchange, much like your cabinet. Thanks for your help, Hector Graham.
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Thu 08-May-14 08:37:27
Print Post

[re: pehaw] [link to this post]

Cab only just been stood. Going to be a few months yet
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 08-May-14 09:35:49
Print Post

If the date is in the BT Wholesale checker then I cannot do any better than that, someone else might be able to.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Thu 08-May-14 11:44:17
Print Post

Power and copper done, just fibre and commissioning . so might do
(newbie) Thu 08-May-14 12:01:54
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Hi Ribble,
Can I ask how long it usually takes to do the fibre and commissioning, and also can I ask how you are able to access this information, for example do you maybe work for openreach or bt by any chance. Thanks for replying and giving me this information, Hector Graham.
(newbie) Mon 16-Jun-14 04:34:53
Print Post

Hi ribble (or anyone else that can help),
Could you please give me an update on when the cabinet I am connected to will be enabled. I am connected to the Dumfries telephone exchange on cabinet 4 and my postcode is DG2 7ST and my house number is 3. Thank you for any help you can give, Hector Graham.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to