General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User deiwise
(committed) Fri 09-May-14 15:30:14
Print Post

Cabinet in Slapton (TQ7)

[link to this post]

Hi,

Kingsbridge (TQ7) in Devon has a lot of cabinets being installed at the moment thanks to CDS. Harlequin and Openreach put a note in our village Slapton (TQ7 2), nearby, saying a cabinet may be installed this year - but all parties have since gone quiet. The local council don't know either.

They're laying fibre from Kingsbridge, all the way to the Slapton War Memorial, along the A379 in July and August.

Can anyone (Mr Ribble...?) tell me if Cabinet 2 in Slapton is due to be upgraded and when?

Thanks in advance

Will

Edited by deiwise (Fri 09-May-14 15:31:29)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 09-May-14 15:36:51
Print Post

Re: Cabinet in Slapton (TQ7)

[re: deiwise] [link to this post]

Looks to be on a list, but no date set

NOTE TQ7 2 is also served by other cabinets, so one presumes you figured out cab 2 from the full address or telephone number checks.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User deiwise
(committed) Fri 09-May-14 15:37:57
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes, that's right. Cabinet 2 seems to serve the majority of Slapton from what I've been able to tell.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Fri 09-May-14 15:43:05
Print Post

[re: deiwise] [link to this post]

It is planned to be upgraded. Probably a wayleave requirement to site the cabinet
Standard User deiwise
(committed) Fri 09-May-14 15:46:27
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Many thanks. Harlequin's notice has long since expired and they told me that because they didn't receive an objection, Openreach are "free" to install whenever they want. Which sounds like rubbish to me, but there you go. No date on the upgrade I assume?
  Print Thread

Jump to