General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User armistice
(newbie) Fri 09-May-14 16:18:29
Print Post

Yet another cabinet status request (BDUK new PCP and FTTC ca

[link to this post]

HI,

Please could a kind soul, lookup the status of Cabinet 3 on exchange Aysgarth, North Yorkshire.

Brief history:
Until recently our lines were exchange only. Around Christmas a fibre cabinet appeared in the village, followed a month or so later by a new telephone cabinet.
A month or so ago the adsl checker updated to show our line was connected via cabinet 3.
There have been numerous roadworks showing up on roadworks.org in the past few months for BT.
Just wondered if anyone had any further info.

Thanks in advance

Edited by armistice (Fri 09-May-14 16:19:00)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 09-May-14 16:34:54
Print Post

Re: Yet another cabinet status request (BDUK new PCP and FTT

[re: armistice] [link to this post]

Lots of EO lines and previously just one cabinet.

Previous cab 1 is getting a fibre twin and some work to also upgrade EO lines, but does not look like all of them and looked my like FTTP than C. Location of the new cabinet might help.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Midville
(newbie) Mon 12-May-14 11:10:08
Print Post

I have the following info: So I guess your down in West Burton? Contractors have redone the clearing / fixing of the Ducting from the Garage around past the George and Dragon and past 'our' house. The map on the SFNY website has changed as it did cover Aysgarth but it has moved to cover Thoralby and West Burton. My hope is Cab 3 will at the exchange or even better in the village.

Cabinet 1 from Aysgarth exchange is at DL8 4JT and this is due to be upgraded for fibre by the Spring this year
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=401944&Y=487160...

Cabinet 3 will be a new cabinet (location as yet undetermined) to move over telephone lines directly from the exchange to fibre this is due by the end of Autumn this year.

The information provided by the maps is a high level overview of SFNY broadband deployment.
This information is subject to a further detailed survey and therefore indicative and may be subject to change.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User armistice
(newbie) Mon 12-May-14 18:41:39
Print Post

[re: Midville] [link to this post]

I'm actually in Thoralby as is the new cabinet 3. Its opposite the post office on the main street through. The fibre twin appeared first, then the main PCP. Lines were all exchange only uptil about a month ago.

I too expected the new cabinets to be at the exchange, I wonder if there was some sort of planning issue.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 12-May-14 19:21:33
Print Post

Putting EO line cabinets at the exchange if the lines are long is a waste of money, better for the cabinet to be placed as close to the cluster of EO it will serve

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User armistice
(newbie) Mon 12-May-14 20:01:00
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Heres the location of the new cabinets.
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=400149&Y=487298...

and a photo
[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2q89bgn.jpg[/IMG]
Standard User Midville
(newbie) Mon 12-May-14 20:24:42
Print Post

I have asked SFNY for an update ref Aysgarth Village will post back here:

Unless they bring this into the village with it only being 500m or so from the exchange?

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6373-progress-rep...

Thanks for the update and image - really good news for West Burton and Thoralby.

Wonder where Cab 2 is? Thornton Rust maybe

Edited by Midville (Mon 12-May-14 20:25:34)

Standard User armistice
(newbie) Thu 22-May-14 10:33:06
Print Post

[re: Midville] [link to this post]

Just wondering if you've had a reply back from SFNY regarding the village?

In reply to a post by Midville:
I have asked SFNY for an update ref Aysgarth Village will post back here:

Unless they bring this into the village with it only being 500m or so from the exchange?

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6373-progress-rep...

Thanks for the update and image - really good news for West Burton and Thoralby.

Wonder where Cab 2 is? Thornton Rust maybe
Standard User phil_w73
(newbie) Thu 22-May-14 12:11:51
Print Post

This is interesting to me too as I'm still watching for progress on the stop-start EO lines / new cabinet situation in Snainton, North Yorkshire. Sudden flurry last week of local BT roadworks.org action but nothing physical to see. SFNY have no more information currently. But good to hear that EO work is actively happening elsewhere...
Standard User armistice
(newbie) Fri 30-May-14 17:27:27
Print Post

[re: phil_w73] [link to this post]

I asked SFNY if they had any update on the rollout.
They said my new cabinet was due to go live by the end of Autumn (Exchange live date is end June).

I also asked about Aysgarth village itself, specifically what happened for the maps to change. They didn't answer that but replied that further funding had been allocated to SFNY and that they were currently planning which areas would be upgraded, but no further info available until at least end of September.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to