General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Count0
(newbie) Mon 12-May-14 19:27:47
Print Post

Devizes Exchange Cabinet P10 (Rowde)

[link to this post]

Hi;

A long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone can obtain any further information on the status of Cabinet P10 of Devizes (SSDEV) Exchange. Fibre is due to be available from 31st May 2014. However, I can see no evidence of any works being carried out at the cabinet as yet. A month or so back a local BT Openreach Engineer said they had issues with blocked cable ducts between the exchange and the cab. I've also been checking Wiltshire Council's website for any planning applications or roadworks and have yet to see anything that could be related.
Judging by what others have said on here with regard to the time it takes to commission a cabinet, I'd be very surprised if 31st May is now realistic. If anyone can provide any further information, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Tue 13-May-14 11:24:41
Print Post

Re: Devizes Exchange Cabinet P10 (Rowde)

[re: Count0] [link to this post]

I suspect there is a wayleave issue delaying it's progression
Standard User Count0
(newbie) Thu 22-May-14 14:51:43
Print Post

As predicted. With just days to go until the expected go live date, now BT Checker says December 2014. Come on Openreach, pull your finger out. This is appaling service!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Count0
(newbie) Mon 01-Sep-14 12:34:59
Print Post

Is anyone able to provide any further information?

The checker now says the cabinet is 'Under Review'.

Is there any way at all of contacting OpenReach?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 01-Sep-14 12:38:58
Print Post

Wayleave sounds reasonable, and they can be very long processes to sort, i.e. someone senses some money and its way the lawyers as price for wayleave is negotiated possibly.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User AndyPandy
(experienced) Mon 01-Sep-14 16:21:17
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

That's a long time to sort a wayleave. I thought BT (and others) had standard amounts that they pay, and if they want to, they can excercise their "power" and just put it on your land anyway.

ZeN Office
Fritz!Box 3390
Standard User Count0
(newbie) Sun 11-Jan-15 11:25:28
Print Post

[re: AndyPandy] [link to this post]

Apparently way leave was resolved in November. (Had an email back from the local MP). Still no sign of any works though. Cabinet still under review. No roadworks planned locally involving BT. Anyone any ideas and can provide further info.?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 11-Jan-15 11:56:48
Print Post

Issue may now be that paperwork is resolved, but the planning and allocation of work teams are busy on other cabinets in the region, i.e. so now back towards the bottom of the list

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Count0
(newbie) Mon 18-May-15 18:03:06
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Still waiting....Fibre was pulled through the village to enable Bromham as part of BDUK but still no movement. Anyone on here have any contacts at BT who might be able to find out what is going on? All the tiny little villages are getting enabled as part of BDUK but we seem to be being ignored as we are supposed to be part of BTs commercial rollout!!! So frustrating...
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-May-15 19:55:26
Print Post

There do not appear to be any plans for Devizes cabinet 10 to be enabled at this time.
Standard User godsell4
(regular) Tue 19-May-15 07:32:08
Print Post

Keep contacting Wiltshire Council, they expect to know by the end of June what plans they have for Phase 2 of BDUK.

PlusNet BBYW1
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to