General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tialaramex
(newbie) Tue 13-May-14 11:29:59
Print Post

Any simpler / quicker if previous occupiers had FTTC?

[link to this post]

In the process of buying a new place to live I visited today for the first time since the previous occupiers moved out. Now I can see that there's a new-style (two sockets, one vertically above the other, exactly like the photos online) NTE5 already in place. The NTE5 isn't where I'd ideally like it, but then, they never are. It'll do. This presumably means the previous occupiers had FTTC..

Will this make it any simpler / quicker to get FTTC myself once I have the keys? Does it make it any more likely that I'd get self-install (I'd be with A&A for what it's worth) ? Presumably if it's engineer install they won't want to remove the working NTE5 and fit an identical one?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 13-May-14 13:21:24
Print Post

Re: Any simpler / quicker if previous occupiers had FTTC?

[re: tialaramex] [link to this post]

I suggest you ask AAISP. They need to know, as it is they who order engineer or self-install.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to