General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User carrobesit
(newbie) Wed 14-May-14 17:39:59
Print Post

Install complete in Forres

[link to this post]

Well, the Kellys engineer has left and I now have a nice, spanking fast FTTC install through Zen.

I don't know if ours is the first cabinet live in Forres (NSFRS), but I'm the second user live on our cabinet (the first person was the appointment before me). The engineer even moved the master socket and put the modem where I wanted. It's amazing what an offer of a real coffee can do... tongue

Currently getting results on the TBB speed tester of 61.17Mbps which I'm very happy with - will see how it goes over the next few days.

RobC.
Standard User JB68
(regular) Wed 14-May-14 20:42:15
Print Post

Re: Install complete in Forres

[re: carrobesit] [link to this post]

I'm in Elgin and got my install yesterday, 80meg smile. I was the first on the cabinet.

Forres just went live recently so I think you're on of the first tongue

Mine was Kelly's too, have to credit him, fast and effective

Edited by JB68 (Wed 14-May-14 20:42:43)

Standard User connormill
(regular) Wed 14-May-14 21:33:12
Print Post

[re: JB68] [link to this post]

Crazy jelos of you two!

I live 2 minutes from Union Terrace in Aberdeen City centre and I can't get FTTC!

I've done the unthinkable.... and switched to TalkTalk! And it's not bad!

Using my own home-made MacPro. Love the Hackintosh!

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/3246633650.png[/IMG]

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User napolibill
(regular) Fri 16-May-14 20:40:34
Print Post

I live in Forres and am very jealous smile How did you find out that FTTC was enabled?
Standard User kitcat
(committed) Fri 16-May-14 21:57:53
Print Post

[re: napolibill] [link to this post]

Use the links on Here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/btavailability.html

If you are served by BT wholesale this will give a reponse with your telephone number.

If you are served by LLU use the address checker on the BT wholesale site.

This is available from the avallability checker on the home page 2nd box left hand menu.
Standard User napolibill
(regular) Fri 16-May-14 22:08:03
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

Many thanks, all I have to do now is decide who to go with!!
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 16-May-14 23:32:29
Print Post

smile
Is that speedtest using wireless? If so, try wired. That's not a healthy graph, even though like the rest of us you are initially gob-smacked at the speed.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User carrobesit
(newbie) Sat 17-May-14 12:19:38
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

NapoliBill - Which cabinet are you on? I know not all of the Forres cabs are live yet (in fact I walked past one the other day that has only just been stood) so looks like you're one of the lucky ones too. smile

RobertoS - Nope, that was run on a wired connection. I'll try another one later as I'm on my laptop right now but if it's not great then it could also be the router interfering as I'm on an older Draytek 2820, and I'm fairly sure they are not too great for the higher throughput of 80/20 FTTC.

RobC.
Standard User napolibill
(regular) Sat 17-May-14 21:04:06
Print Post

Not sure which cabinet but I've checked with Zen, Newnet, Plusnet and BT and they all say FTTC is available to me. I live between the golf course and Leanchoil but don't know where my cabinet would be. I seem to remember reading that cabinet 4 was going live so wonder if that is the one I am on.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 18-May-14 10:55:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by carrobesit:
it could also be the router interfering as I'm on an older Draytek 2820, and I'm fairly sure they are not too great for the higher throughput of 80/20 FTTC.

Yes, I sold my 2820 about 3 months after moving onto Fibre, and noticed a useful increase. The 2820 is really only supposed to handle around 42megabit download, some have seen more, but its an older design now and not really upto the FTTC speeds whilst handling the PPPoE.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6, Now 52/9, Sync @ 55 / 9.5 Mbps @ 470m approx
15 years broadband (1999 ntl: cablemodem, BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-AC68U (merlin) - Modem: HG612 unlocked Typical speedtest

Edited by jchamier (Sun 18-May-14 10:56:35)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to