General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband


Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.


  Print Thread
Standard User blounty
(newbie) Tue 27-May-14 14:38:01
Print Post

Stevenage PCP117 and PCP122 cabinet check. Please...


[link to this post]
 
Hi all

I have just moved into a new house in Stevenage. Everyone else in the town seems to have acces to fibre or cable, apart from us! We are stuck on 2.5Mbps max and with a household of 5 heavy users, the connection is unbearable!

Would someone with the access to the right information kindly be able to check when our cabinet will be upgraded?

I have done as much background checking as possible, but i don't seem to be able to find a definite answer.
Our cabinent is PCP117 (95% chance) or PCP122 (4% chance). I don't know where the other 1% has gone! They are both on the 66% commercial plan, and had deployment dates of 07/08/13 and 27/04/13 respectively.

Oh and the postcode is SG1 6GL if required.

Your help is very much appreciated by us all. You may even save a life. The fights over who has priority to the bandwith are getting very heated!
blounty
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Tue 27-May-14 15:40:05
Print Post

Re: Stevenage PCP117 and PCP122 cabinet check. Please...


[re: blounty] [link to this post]
 
Both were completed last year. Ports are available.
What does https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ say for you number or full address? Is a cabinet number given?
Standard User blounty
(newbie) Tue 27-May-14 16:03:52
Print Post

Re: Stevenage PCP117 and PCP122 cabinet check. Please...


[re: Ribble] [link to this post]
 
Thanks for your reply.
That's interesting, fibre is definitely not available on BTs, or any other providers website.

I have checked DSLchecker website and the cabinet is 117 according to the website.

Here is a copy of the results table

Featured Products
Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)
Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)
Downstream Range(Mbps)
Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 1 -- 1 to 3.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 1 -- 0.75 to 2.5 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- Available
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available


Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Tue 27-May-14 16:14:50
Print Post

Re: Stevenage PCP117 and PCP122 cabinet check. Please...


[re: blounty] [link to this post]
 
How far do you think you are from PCP 117?
Standard User greenglide
(experienced) Tue 27-May-14 16:19:07
Print Post

Re: Stevenage PCP117 and PCP122 cabinet check. Please...


[re: blounty] [link to this post]
 
The most recent house sold at that postcode gives the following data from dslchecker:-

Featured Products


Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)


Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)


Downstream Range(Mbps)


Availability Date
High Low High Low
FTTC Range A (Clean) 80 63.4 20 19.9 -- Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted) 75.1 47.3 20 16 -- Available

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 1 -- 1 to 3.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 1 -- 0.75 to 2.5 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- Available
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available

and is on cabinet 117.

Did you move in September 2013? If not it wasn't your house number I used!

Did you user the telephone number search?

Did it give you a cabinet number at the top of the table?

You could, of course, be on a EO line.

BT Infinity 2 - IP profile 77 / 20 - super fast!
Previously BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload but then moved house - 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
Standard User blounty
(newbie) Tue 27-May-14 16:39:07
Print Post

Re: Stevenage PCP117 and PCP122 cabinet check. Please...


[re: greenglide] [link to this post]
 
This is geting strange!

It is a rented house, so I do not know when the house was sold.

The cabinet number from DSLchecker.bt.com is definitely 117.
I've just found the cabinet, It is less than 0.2 miles away from my house.

What is an EO line?
Standard User blounty
(newbie) Tue 27-May-14 16:43:40
Print Post

Re: Stevenage PCP117 and PCP122 cabinet check. Please...


[re: blounty] [link to this post]
 
Oh EO is exchange only.

No i doubt i'm exchange only. The exchange is about 3 miles away, and if my neighbours are on cabinet 117, why would i not be?
Standard User blounty
(newbie) Tue 27-May-14 16:58:04
Print Post

Re: Stevenage PCP117 and PCP122 cabinet check. Please...


[re: blounty] [link to this post]
 
OK. I've done some checking and there are 4 or 5 houses in a row on my side of the street that can not get fibre. The houses either side of these, but still on my street can get fibre, and the houses on the other side of the street can also get fibre.

Surely if we are all connected to the same cabinet, we should all be able to get the same service? Could this just be a clerical error by BT?
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 27-May-14 18:38:54
Print Post

Re: Stevenage PCP117 and PCP122 cabinet check. Please...


[re: blounty] [link to this post]
 
I'm sure it's a database error. There are 49 addresses for your postcode, all are listed as cabinet 117.

Numbers 7, 9, 11,15,17 & 19 are not showing FTTC, all the others have A range estimates of between 66.8mbps to 80mbps, upstream is 20mbps.

All show identical speeds for ADSL2+.

You have a few options, present your ISP with the evidence (I'll send you a download link to the CSV file if you PM me), contact Mr Saffron or email the CEO BT group.

Once sorted you should be in for some good speeds.

  Print Thread

Jump to