General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User hopkapi
(learned) Wed 28-May-14 11:27:38
Print Post

Where is my cab?

[link to this post]

I recently moved into a new flat which is supposed to be getting FTTC by the end of this month, but after a pretty good wander around the area I've been unable to find cabinet 25 to see if it's gotten a fibre twin yet. Any chance someone smarter/more informed than me can find it? It's cabinet 25 on Central (Birmingham).

Not that it's particularly useful, but the BTW checker reports "FTTC is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- Sorry we need to do more work on our network before we can make your cabinet live. Bear with us."

Edited by hopkapi (Wed 28-May-14 11:30:27)

Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Wed 28-May-14 11:52:14
Print Post

Re: Where is my cab?

[re: hopkapi] [link to this post]

Sussoect its within brindley house, former BT building. May be a distribution frame rather than a physical cabinet
Standard User hopkapi
(learned) Wed 28-May-14 11:59:38
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

I had been wondering about that, along with the possibility that it might actually be inside the exchange itself, assuming I'm not wrong to suspect that BT's Telephone House on the other side of the road is the exchange (not that I'd know it considering the 13Mb I'm still getting on Plusnet).

If I can persuade the concierge guy to show me a comms room of some kind, what would I want to look out for to determine if that's what I've got instead of a cab, and if it is the case, what chance is there that I will be able to get FTTC anytime soon? I mean, do they stick a DSLAM inside if that's the case?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Wed 28-May-14 12:32:26
Print Post

[re: hopkapi] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hopkapi:
If I can persuade the concierge guy to show me a comms room of some kind,

NO CHANCE !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User hopkapi
(learned) Wed 28-May-14 12:34:18
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MHC:
NO CHANCE !

I'm talking about my building's concierge, not BT's.
  Print Thread

Jump to