General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User flipdee
(member) Wed 28-May-14 15:09:18
Print Post

FTTC/FTTP ISP with Data Centre Hosting

[link to this post]

Hey everyone,
Quick and Odd question for you.
I was wondering if anyone knows of an ISP which provides FTTC and/or FTTP broadband lines, also maintains their own Data Centre capable of housing dedicated/co-located servers but importantly -
Allow unmetered/unlimited bandwidth between their own fttc/fttp connections to their own datacentre?
I'm sure the BTWholesale pricing probably doesn't allow for this but just curious.
Cheers,
flipdee
Standard User blueacid
(committed) Wed 28-May-14 16:11:42
Print Post

Re: FTTC/FTTP ISP with Data Centre Hosting

[re: flipdee] [link to this post]

I would suggest you start with Xilo/Uno, they run their own data centre. Although I suspect the cost of BT Wholesale bandwidth would be unavoidable to any isp; perhaps just colocate in a data centre which has good peering links into LINX and then pick an ISP that meets your bandwidth and performance needs as a separate search?
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Wed 28-May-14 16:20:59
Print Post

[re: blueacid] [link to this post]

basically they want an FTTC/FTTP line but free BW to their server which no ISP will allow. You'd be better off looking at co-lo with someone like tsohost who have their DC in Slough

Although if the OP had that kind of money they wouldn't be asking if they can get it for free which is what he is angling at.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Wed 28-May-14 16:54:14
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

There are plenty of ISPs with unlimited data to anywhere.

So, I am assuming it is the other end - the hosting - where the costs are the concern? At this point I think there would need to be a lot more detail as to what needs to be hosted as this might point towards appropriate providers.

TSOHost do a hosted VPS with 6TB per month at just £210 per month - and it comes with a pretty powerful server.
Standard User flipdee
(member) Wed 28-May-14 22:40:57
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Hey,
Thanks a lot for the replies, yes, in a nutshell I'm being cheap, however, in an effort to "keep everything under one roof" I was considering the possibility of a common provider of fttc connections and server hosting.
Your right, the main issue is the hosting bandwidth and I thought due to the premium aspect of hosting bandwidth there might be some provider out there which is quite happy with reduced peering throughput requirement by offering a deal on "in house" connectivity, of course fttc has usage cost implications.
I'm probably going down the hosted vps route with someone like tsohost but I thought I'd put the question out there as surely someone has contemplated this before?
Thanks again for all the help so far.
Much appreciated.
flipdee
ISP Representative merula
(isp) Thu 29-May-14 02:07:18
Print Post

Not sure if I should say ... but we can do this as well
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User flipdee
(member) Thu 29-May-14 02:18:52
Print Post

[re: merula] [link to this post]

Hi, thanks for your reply.
Just a quick question, are the merula fttc products limited to 40Mbps?
Cheers,
Flipdee
ISP Representative merula
(isp) Thu 29-May-14 02:21:12
Print Post

Nope we offer 80/20 and the FTTP/FTTPoD Products too ...
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User flipdee
(member) Thu 29-May-14 02:38:52
Print Post

[re: merula] [link to this post]

That's great, thanks, I've sent you a pm.
  Print Thread

Jump to