General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User deiwise
(committed) Fri 06-Jun-14 19:45:06
Print Post

Details of PEW - Planned Engineering Works

[link to this post]

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knew if it's possible to know a bit more detail about future PEWs. There's one for Torcross (WWTORX) and other exchanges on June 20 (PW239684), which I'm naively hoping might be related to the exchange being upgraded for fibre.

Presume no more is available, but would be great if someone had some more info

Will
Standard User FredTheB
(newbie) Sat 07-Jun-14 15:10:28
Print Post

Re: Details of PEW - Planned Engineering Works

[re: deiwise] [link to this post]

It looks like in Chillington FTTC cabs are already under away in Upgrading. The bad news is There doesn't seem to be any cabs in Torcoss but the good news is if you are looking for Fibre to the House/premises, they are upgrading Torcoss exchange for fttp only. If you live in Chillington they will be Accepting orders in about 2 weeks.

For more detail go to http://fttc-check.alc.im
Standard User deiwise
(committed) Sat 07-Jun-14 16:24:12
Print Post

[re: FredTheB] [link to this post]

Hi Fred

Good point about Torcross; no cabs at all. However, they're running fibre all the way from kingsbridge, along the (a379?), right up to the Slapton War Memorial. I guess they'll need a box there.

Slapton has a cab being upgraded right now, and I was told by a friend in the village that the Openreach guy implied fibre had already reached Slapton. Which I refuse to believe! My guess is they'll run the fibre up the road from the Slapton Memorial.

Interesting about Torcross. Such a tiny place. Would almost make sense to install 2 FTTPs and then offer extended wifi to everyone else. Can't imagine many houses opting for FTTP there...

Are you based in Chillington?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sat 07-Jun-14 16:33:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by deiwise:
Interesting about Torcross. Such a tiny place. Would almost make sense to install 2 FTTPs and then offer extended wifi to everyone else. Can't imagine many houses opting for FTTP there...

Don't think BTO can't be bother to put up extended wifi node.
Standard User deiwise
(committed) Sat 07-Jun-14 16:47:18
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

I know. Nice community project though
Standard User FredTheB
(newbie) Sun 08-Jun-14 12:12:24
Print Post

No, I live in Sussex but I have researched for you. If you live in slapton, they are doing som sort of fibre work with your pcp2 cab already. Your friend was right, I have checked they are installing a fttp fibre duct along the road from torcross to slapton in late July.

Hope this helps

Fred
Standard User deiwise
(committed) Sun 08-Jun-14 15:26:45
Print Post

[re: FredTheB] [link to this post]

Hugely helpful. Brilliant. Many thanks
  Print Thread

Jump to