General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User colic
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 12-Jun-14 01:49:22
Print Post

Inaccurate BT Openreach Data no updates

[link to this post]

First of all I would like to say I had BT infinity installed today but I am amazed at the lack of updates or inaccurate data that BT supply.

I checked the BT wholesale checker at the start of the month as I saw an engineer at my cab at the end of May doing some work on the cabinet. It came to as a complete shock that my phone number came back as available so I put in an order. The cabinet has been there since November 2012,

I got an update off MrSaffron a couple of months ago who was very kind in getting information from BT who told him that the cabinet had to be moved due to a highway issue, and the cabinet would be ready at the earliest at the end of September 2014.

I posted these details on out community website and a few weeks later by chance a BT engineer said that "Cab 2 at the bottom of village needs the fibre cab to be active and racks installed in cab 2 for the cable"

Anyway the engineer said he could not see why the cabinet would be a highway issue as there are much worse placed cabinets about. The council also knew nothing about it being a highway issue when I contacted them.

I registered my three email accounts to receive an email when fibre was available for my phone number (which is BT) I have yet to receive any email.

Also when I look on the where and when website for my postcode I get the below message even though Fibre is available.

This marker shows cabinet: P2
Please note: There are multiple cabinets providing fibre broadband services to your postcode. There may be an issue with the deployment of these cabinets. You may want to check directly with your Communication Provider using your specific details (full address and or Landline number).

I just do not understand why it is so difficult to find accurate information and also why I would not have been notified that it was available?
  Print Thread

Jump to