General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User colic
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 14-Jun-14 09:56:42
Print Post

Line Training and Home Hub 5

[link to this post]

I had fibre installed on Wednesday morning and I know there is a certain amount of line training that is involved, but I thought this was over a couple of days? I am currently still having two or three home hub reboots (automatic ones)

I am very happy with the speed but think this may be why I am getting the disconnects as I am a decent distance from the cabinet 0.6km (road distance)

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

Also it seems that some of my devices connected to the home hub get stuck when on wireless mainly my PC which I have now connected thought an Ethernet cable which has resolved this issue but sometimes my phone will disconnect from the network and rejoin multiple times a day. Is this just down to the HH5?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 14-Jun-14 10:04:08
Print Post

Re: Line Training and Home Hub 5

[re: colic] [link to this post]

Reboots are nothing to do with line training

That would be a Home Hub 5 specific thing, and the wireless sounds like a common moan about the Home Hub family

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sat 14-Jun-14 12:31:02
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Avoid HH5 (these are nightmare rebooting itself) as you can use BT Openreach Modem connection to HH5 Wan port and the rebooting will disappear. I sold mine HH5 to someone on ebay as I found it "the worse Hub ever",

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 14-Jun-14 14:31:36
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
That would be a Home Hub 5 specific thing, and the wireless sounds like a common moan about the Home Hub family

I've been playing with the Home Hub 5, I got it to use as an access point but couldn't resist trying out the VDSL modem. Connected at 4Mb/s lower than my old router and ran fine for about 24 hours before rebooting for no apparent reason - line speed dropped again by 1Mb. At this point I got a bit concerned and reconnected my original router which has always been rock solid. So many reports of HH5 rebooting BT should be embarrassed. tongue
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Mon 16-Jun-14 00:48:35
Print Post

[re: colic] [link to this post]

I am 600m line length and get a little faster than you: 58.5/18.5 so I would suggest your speeds are in the right region.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
  Print Thread

Jump to