General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Valoe
(newbie) Mon 16-Jun-14 22:51:24
Print Post

Buckley exchange (WNBUC) cabinet 24 - when will it get FTTC?

[link to this post]

The BT Wholesale checker tells me that I am connected to cabinet 24 on the Buckley exchange, but does not appear to have FTTC available.

Now what is confusing is that the neighbours have had fibre for 18 months, the exchange is apparently accepting orders, there is even one of the "fibre in this area" stickers stuck on the cabinet! How on earth do I find out if cabinet 24 in WNBUC exchange will be FTTC enabled?

BT just tell me to register my interest on their website. Well, I did that last month and three days ago I received an email saying that I could order fibre. So, tonight I tried to order it online and over the phone and was told I could not place an order after all. They suggested I register my interest and they will email me when I can order...
Standard User AndyPandy
(experienced) Tue 17-Jun-14 09:04:59
Print Post

Re: Buckley exchange (WNBUC) cabinet 24 - when will it get F

[re: Valoe] [link to this post]

Possible that the cab is full, and they need to add cards (or build another cab).

Only advice I can give it to keep checking.

Cheers,
Ap

ZeN Office
Fritz!Box 3390
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Tue 17-Jun-14 14:24:00
Print Post

Additional capacity has recently been provided at this cabinet, so it should be possible to place an order unless their is another issue e.g. line length to cabinet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Valoe
(newbie) Tue 17-Jun-14 18:34:20
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Up until a few days ago, the BT Wholesale checker was reporting that there were capacity issues, and now that issue has disappeared. That's when I received the "order now" email.

I've been doing some more investigation and have just spoken to my next door neighbour and put their number into the BT Wholesale checker. They are connected to Cabinet 24 on the Buckley Exchange, and they show as having FTTC. Here is a link to an image of the two screenshots of the BT Wholesale checker results (mine at the top, neighbour's at the bottom)

[img=http://s25.postimg.org/fzaiznvjf/comp_fttc.jpg]

I am closer to the cabinet than my neighbour. Does anyone think that this could be a database error?

Edited by Valoe (Tue 17-Jun-14 21:26:37)

Standard User mcrustk2
(newbie) Fri 20-Jun-14 16:02:46
Print Post

I give up with Fibre in Buckley, im in the new Redrow estate off Church Road, (Cabinet 28 - on corner at entrance to Redrow estate), there is no fibre here and I contacted BT, they have no plans to add fibre to CAB 28 even though everywhere in the surrounding area is!

Gutted as upload speed is poor.

Edited by mcrustk2 (Fri 20-Jun-14 16:03:42)

Standard User Valoe
(newbie) Sat 21-Jun-14 23:23:15
Print Post

I pursued this with BT. First of all, I spoke to a person who told me "we can't give it to you" (computer said no) and then gave me Openreach's number and suggested I call them! So then I posted in their online customer forums and was contacted by one of the mods. They followed it up and said it would be up to 48hrs before I saw, if any, changes. I've just checked on the BT Wholesale checker and I now CAN get fibre. Maybe it was a database error after all. I've placed an order however I'll believe it when I get it.

@mcrustk2 Bad news about cab 28. Hope something changes.
Standard User Fastman2
(regular) Sun 22-Jun-14 21:34:04
Print Post

[re: mcrustk2] [link to this post]

suggest you speak to devloper to see if there is appetite funding it directly via openreach - see Openreach FAQ's a number of developers / communities are doing this

Edited by Fastman2 (Sun 22-Jun-14 21:35:21)

Standard User Valoe
(newbie) Tue 01-Jul-14 22:02:08
Print Post

Well, fibre has been connected and is working. I never did find out exactly what the issue was...
  Print Thread

Jump to