General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User KayCee
(experienced) Wed 18-Jun-14 17:56:16
Print Post

Cab upgrade date

[link to this post]

Hi There

am trying to find out when Cab 99 from the Hemel Hempstead exchange is listed for an upgrade ?

Engineer said I can find out somewhere on the Openreach site but no luck !

Anyone able to help ?

Thanks in advance
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 19-Jun-14 16:36:30
Print Post

Re: Cab upgrade date

[re: KayCee] [link to this post]

No idea, most cabinets were done commercially, but some are down for the Bucks & Herts BDUK project they are best place for further information in theory.

A lot depends on the level of overlap with Virgin Media in the cabinet area and the number of lines from the cabinet. P99 is one of the smallest cabinets on the exchange in terms of properties served it looks like.

Note sure on the cabinets location it may be https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.755982,-0.428288,3...

The lucky properties on cabinet P126 look like they might get FTTP.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Thu 19-Jun-14 16:59:09
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Looks like 99 is not in any plans at present.
I reckon several cabs will be getting the FTTP treatment though

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User brightd
(experienced) Thu 19-Jun-14 17:25:46
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Having FTTP as your only option is not so great if Openreach want over £3000 to complete the deployment for an individual property.

David

plusnet Unlimited customer
DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Standard User KayCee
(experienced) Fri 20-Jun-14 08:51:23
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Thanks for the replies all , thats the cab thanks for that !

Shame its not on any future plans , seems barmy with a big business park next door !

Ironically I can only get 2mb on the BT Line but if i go to the top of the house I can get a 4G mobile signal at 16mb !

If only I could build that into a router and use that all the time and not have to worry about bandwidth issues !!

Edited by KayCee (Fri 20-Jun-14 08:54:01)

Standard User AndyPandy
(experienced) Fri 20-Jun-14 10:06:26
Print Post

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by brightd:
Having FTTP as your only option is not so great if Openreach want over £3000 to complete the deployment for an individual property.

This would be actual FTTP, and cost the same as FTTC. You're thinking about FTTPoD.

Cheers,
AP

ZeN Office
Fritz!Box 3390
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 20-Jun-14 10:09:50
Print Post

[re: AndyPandy] [link to this post]

We have seen one case where someone was asked to pay excess charges in a native FTTP area, though I had my doubts and suspected someone was processing it as a Fibre on Demand by mistake.

Don't know what the eventual outcome was, but it would be very odd to both installing the final drop point and then charge high excess charges.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Fri 20-Jun-14 10:15:29
Print Post

[re: AndyPandy] [link to this post]

This is native FTTP. I have no option for FTTC. The manifold is in a pavement chamber within 20m of my front door and the aggregation point in another pavement chamber within 100m. Despite this Openreach wanted to charge PlusNet over £3000 for excess construction partly because they originally cabled up our close with armoured cable rather than putting in ducts. I believe that I am the person Mr Saffron is referring to. I am still waiting for a response from him to the enquiry he offered to make.

David

DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Fri 20-Jun-14 10:16:55
Print Post

[re: KayCee] [link to this post]

You can buy routers which will take a 4G dongle through a USB port to use for the WAN if you want.

David

DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 20-Jun-14 10:26:11
Print Post

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

Have prodded BT contact again

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to