General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User GthinkBB
(newbie) Thu 19-Jun-14 11:26:28
Print Post

Can't order Fibre any more

[link to this post]

My exchange/cabinet went fibre a couple of years ago. Several of my neighbours have it now. We are all served from the same cabinet.

I talked with my ISP (Sky) about upgrading back in February but decided not to go ahead at that time. A few weeks ago the BT Broadband availability checker showed fibre as available and decent speeds so today I thought I'd take the plunge. Now however, Sky they tell me that fibre isn't available at my address. Puzzled and checking that this wasn't just a Sky issue, I looked at the BT checker again and now there's no mention of fibre. Similarly with Samknows. Same with Plusnet. However, if I look at Adam Curtis's FTTC check my address shows: 100% cabinet probability, phase 05b, deployed 02/12, accepting orders now.

What gives? I know my cabinet is fibre, I was offered it, my neighbours have it but now I can't order it as "you aren't fibre enabled".

Is this some sort of database error or is it simply that the cabinet is now full?

Thanks.
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Thu 19-Jun-14 13:51:25
Print Post

Re: Can't order Fibre any more

[re: GthinkBB] [link to this post]

Generally speaking, probably out of capacity or full but can't say for sure without specifics
Standard User GthinkBB
(newbie) Fri 20-Jun-14 13:08:18
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Thanks.

Looks like it was a temporary glitch as now the checker is showing fibre for the address but there's a note saying temporarily unavailable until 02/07.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ccxo
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 20-Jun-14 17:14:47
Print Post

[re: GthinkBB] [link to this post]

Waiting for more capacity to be added then.

Orange BB 5856/448
  Print Thread

Jump to