General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Gemit
(newbie) Mon 23-Jun-14 20:58:53
Print Post

FTTC Ashton Under Hill

[link to this post]

Hi everyone!

Ashton Under Hill exchange is on the list for upgrading to FTTC this year. We are cabinet 3. Is there any way of finding out how many cabinets are part of the exchange as I think they are only going to connect cabinets 1&2 and I'd like to know where these are as well as where ours is to compare.

Many thanks

Louise
Standard User tialaramex
(learned) Tue 24-Jun-14 10:23:43
Print Post

Re: FTTC Ashton Under Hill

[re: Gemit] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Gemit:
Hi everyone!

Ashton Under Hill exchange is on the list for upgrading to FTTC this year. We are cabinet 3. Is there any way of finding out how many cabinets are part of the exchange as I think they are only going to connect cabinets 1&2 and I'd like to know where these are as well as where ours is to compare.
Louise

You can wander about looking for the cabinets. If you're in good enough physical condition to wander around the area on foot you'll probably find them if you keep your eyes open, alternatively you can use Google's images and sit at home. Openreach doubtless have a map, in some form, but they seem understandably reluctant to share it.

The decision on enabling is influenced by many parameters, not least the number of people connected. So even if you feel that location-wise cabinet 3 is very similar to the others, it may be that you only share that cabinet with a couple of dozen houses and that's enough reason commercially to not do it.
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Tue 24-Jun-14 10:59:11
Print Post

PCP 1
PCP 2
PCP 3
PCP 4

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 24-Jun-14 11:01:32
Print Post

Four cabinets plus EO lines

P1 and P2 have plans
No plans for P3 or P4 or the EO lines yet. cabs 3 and 4 are the smaller cabinets on the exchange, so may miss out on current phase and be done at a later date.

Cab 3 is in Beckford and 4 is in Dumbleton I believe cannot spot on google maps though

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 24-Jun-14 11:14:35
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Darn was looking there, but missed the cab sunk back into the hedge smile

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Gemit
(newbie) Tue 24-Jun-14 15:02:53
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for replying everyone, all of that info is brilliant! Got everything crossed that they do our cabinet too! Really interesting to see them all on streetmap thank you!

Kind regards

Louise
Standard User ematrix
(newbie) Tue 08-Jul-14 23:12:15
Print Post

I'm also from AUH and here pdf survey which is helpful from superfastworcestershire.com for Malvern Hills, Worcester City & Wychavon districts. AUH PCP cabinet 2 on the Groaten road will hopefully have FTTC available in September 2014

Edited by ematrix (Tue 08-Jul-14 23:17:57)

Standard User Gemit
(newbie) Wed 09-Jul-14 07:41:22
Print Post

[re: ematrix] [link to this post]

Yeah I've seen that thanks, we're cabinet 3 which apparently is not planned to be surveyed so won't be getting fiber. Doesn't make sense not to connect all cabinets on the exchange to me.
Standard User Fastman2
(member) Wed 09-Jul-14 08:29:47
Print Post

Ashton Under hill is an Exchnage under the BDUK progrmamme and not part of Commericlal Build -- each cab will have a cost Threshold under BDUK and a Price per Premise cab which wil dtermine if the cab gets build - it coud be that cost of getting to you in terms of Spine and whetehr you have duct into your Village and the distance your cab is from another cab are all factors as to how a cab mght be included or fail the price cap
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 09-Jul-14 08:41:43
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

Or put another way, if a project can serve 300 people elsewhere for the cost of serving 200 in another place, the pressure will be to serve the 300.

In a world where value for money is the key mantra for public money it can be no other way.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to