General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tikka69
(member) Tue 24-Jun-14 11:10:15
Print Post

Finningley Exchange - Under Evaluation ?

[link to this post]

Hi

Noticed a few weeks ago that my local exchange ( Finningley ) went to under evaulation which was nice seeing as though Digital Region has failed epicly and pulled out of doing that exchange anyway.

I have tried to check the "local region update" part on the Openreach site, though South Yorkshire is not showing in this list, even though its being evaluation as part of a "government funded program "

However now this morning I have had an auto email from Openreach saying the exchange has been added to the rollout plans. The rollout site is still showing under evaluation so I guess it might take a bit to update ?

Should I start to get excited now !?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 24-Jun-14 11:16:32
Print Post

Re: Finningley Exchange - Under Evaluation ?

[re: tikka69] [link to this post]

Takes time for the changes to migrate to all the databases, and it might be just one cabinet being enabled so its good news, but still wait and see

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User tikka69
(member) Tue 24-Jun-14 11:19:19
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks Andrew

Fingers crossed !!

Is it easy to tell how many PCP's there are, from memory when I worked on Digital Region there were 6 ?

Edited by tikka69 (Tue 24-Jun-14 11:20:32)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 24-Jun-14 12:21:14
Print Post

9 cabinets

If I was to do a guess based on what we've seen elsewhere cabinets 1-5 look fairly certain to be enabled.
Maybe 6 & 7
Cabs 8 & 9 are on the small side so very unlikely

Around 15% of lines are Exchange Only so no cabinet to upgrade, difficult to predict outcome for them.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User tikka69
(member) Thu 17-Jul-14 10:47:09
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Gutted....

Just checked the openreach checker and it has now gone from UE to NC

Bad times......

On a positive note from trawling the South Yorks council websites I can see that the BDUK tie up with BT is meant to be getting signed on the 1st August.

Hoping that it changes status then at that point and there is a bit more info about !!
Standard User tikka69
(member) Wed 13-Aug-14 10:08:01
Print Post

Re: Finningley Exchange - Now gone to PA status :)

Hooorah !!!

It recently changed to ES status and today has gone to PA to be done by next year smile

I might get a decent broadband speed yet !!
  Print Thread

Jump to