General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User wand106
(newbie) Tue 24-Jun-14 17:35:33
Print Post

FTTC Industrial estate

[link to this post]

Hi All, I am currently between 2 exchanges with slow and unreliable ADSL. I have been patiently waiting for FTTC to arrive but so far nothing. I am registered on BTs website to send me an email when it is coming but heard nothing.

Is there any way to see if FTTC is coming to my area? I am seriously thinking about going with Virgin, they want me to sign a 24mth contract and have to dig across a car park as well, I really want to go with BT but as they won't tell me if they are going to upgrade my cabinet I'm a bit stuck. Any guidance?

Thanks

W
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 24-Jun-14 17:41:59
Print Post

Re: FTTC Industrial estate

[re: wand106] [link to this post]

What exchange and cabinet and which industrial park is it?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Fastman2
(regular) Tue 24-Jun-14 19:30:22
Print Post

commercil programme all but finsihed only way it could be enabled would be via BDUK (most industial estates not goodd value for money) other wise seen manaigin agent will fund the gap on the cab direct with openreach -- a number of managin agents have done this

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User wand106
(newbie) Tue 24-Jun-14 21:05:45
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
What exchange and cabinet and which industrial park is it?

It is Nuffield Industrial esatte in Poole, cabinet number is 23.

There is another industrial estate nearby in Ferndown that has just had cabinets appear, hence why I had hoped mine would be soon.

Thanks

W
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 24-Jun-14 21:43:59
Print Post

Cannot see anything to say its coming to you. Is the area marked as within the Dorset BDUK project? If so it may be that they will get to the park eventually

Residential wise, there is a lot of Virgin Media in the area so they may be concentrating roll-out to the non Virgin areas first, rather than overlapping.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User wand106
(newbie) Tue 24-Jun-14 22:24:24
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Cannot see anything to say its coming to you. Is the area marked as within the Dorset BDUK project?

Thanks for that, I have come to the same conclusion, had a quick google of BDUK Dorset, the website is here in case anyone else needs this for dorset, needless to say Poole is not on the list.

https://www.dorsetforyou.com/superfast
  Print Thread

Jump to