General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User max360
(newbie) Tue 24-Jun-14 19:52:39
Print Post

Re: Amendment - Superfast Fibre Broadband Update

[link to this post]

Just received this email below. The strange thing is Stechford exchange was enabled last year. However our cabinet (24) has not been upgraded to FTTC.

We have been made aware that some people have received an incomplete version of this email - please accept our apologies and find below an updated version.

Dear *******,

Thanks for telling us that you're interested in superfast fibre broadband.

We're really pleased to let you know that your local exchange, Stechford, has been added to our rollout plans.

You can get more details about the current status of the Stechford exchange, and find out when superfast fibre broadband will be available, using our new interactive map at www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when.

Because there are instances where we can't upgrade every single street cabinet, we'd advise you to contact your preferred Communications Provider and use their line checker to find out whether or not your property will be able to get superfast fibre broadband.

Satisfy your need for speed, with downloads of up to 100Mbit/s and join our superfast fibre revolution.

Regards,

Openreach Marketing
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Tue 24-Jun-14 21:54:39
Print Post

[re: max360] [link to this post]

with downloads of up to 100Mbit/s

?
Standard User max360
(newbie) Tue 24-Jun-14 22:00:28
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Yes that's what it stated in the email.

Here is the screenshot of the email.

http://postimg.org/image/cqe9e98rr/

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User flipdee
(member) Wed 25-Jun-14 08:37:36
Print Post

I got these emails too, about the Ballymena exchange, what a complete and utter waste of bandwidth they are.
Standard User tpag
(newbie) Wed 25-Jun-14 08:46:28
Print Post

For what it's worth, I got this mail yesterday as well, about the Erdington exchange. The exchange has been accepting orders for quite a long time relatively speaking, but my cabinet (129) is one of the few in the area that's never been upgraded. Can't say I'm holding my breath for it to be upgraded any time soon either...
Standard User Jax2
(learned) Wed 25-Jun-14 09:12:59
Print Post

[re: tpag] [link to this post]

with downloads of up to 100Mbit/s

Who knows, your cabinet may not be enabled but you might have FTTP available! Somehow doubt it though, more likely a waste of bandwidth as has already been said...
Standard User youngsyp
(regular) Wed 25-Jun-14 10:36:24
Print Post

I got one yesterday too, for my exchange at Yardley Gobion. They neglected to mention the exchange name though, with just "[Exchangename]" in the email. This exchange certainly isn't fibre enabled yet though, unlike a lot of the exchanges you guys have received similar mails about.

Paul

ISP: Vivaciti
Service: Surfwise ADSL2+ LLU
Exchange: SMYG
MSAN: Broadcom
Router: Billion BiPac 7800N
Attenuation:39.5dB
SNRM: 3.6dB
Fastest sync: 11976kbps

Edited by youngsyp (Wed 25-Jun-14 10:36:53)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 25-Jun-14 10:50:42
Print Post

[re: youngsyp] [link to this post]

Have sent an enquiry email to see what is going on and asked why 100 Mbps is mentioned in all the emails I've seen.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Hairlockz
(newbie) Wed 25-Jun-14 10:52:59
Print Post

[re: youngsyp] [link to this post]

I got two emails. one with {Exchange Name} and then a second with the actual name. As if it was supposed to be sent out.

My exchange is still on the under evaluation in somerset. The open reach checker stopped display exchanges yesterday too.

This has got my hopes up, but my head is telling me it is all in error. (from the days of the adsl rollout hassle in 2003-2005).
Standard User Zytron
(newbie) Wed 25-Jun-14 11:11:10
Print Post

I got one about Sheffield Cutler, but when going to the www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when link in the email it still says NC (Not currently in rollout plans).

I'm guessing they just spammed everybody to get their hopes up
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to