General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tbailey2
(member) Thu 26-Jun-14 14:03:10
Print Post

HG612 Stats GUI

[link to this post]

RONSKI

The first tab in the GUI with the summary data is very useful. Is there any chance of having that as a standalone graph in current stats please? I am setting up remote viewing at the moment...

Also, you are reporting Line attenuation - on my current HG612 pbParams data, the figure you are reporting is actually the Signal attenuation, not the Line attenuation,. At my end they are very different, signal at 23.5 while Line is 18.1 on D1. (HG6123B and d24 Firmware)

There is some discussion on this and other things on this thread.

I'll raid my piggy bank later for you to aid the cause...

Tony
Hurstpierpoint, West Sussex SDHRSTP, Cab 4
Full Live Fibre Stats, Speed, ES, Ping etc

plusnet Unlimited Fibre 42 / 10Mbps @ 800m
HG612/Technicolor - All Homeplugs Exorcised
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Jun-14 19:10:38
Print Post

Re: HG612 Stats GUI

[re: tbailey2] [link to this post]

Hi Tony,

The table on the summary stats page is created and updated every time stats are logged, so it's not an image. Could you read the modem log file to update your webpage, although this may cause problems for the logging software.

I might also be able to capture an image of the table, but that will require the GUI to be open or BaldEagle might be able to produce an image with the relevant details when producing the other graphs, I'll ask him.

I'll also ask him about the Signal & line attenuation, as he knows what stats are what and I just display the stats.

Standard User tbailey2
(member) Thu 26-Jun-14 20:04:37
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Ok, I had assumed it was already an image of the live data since it's not selectable as text but not to worry. All the information is available already but it is so nicely presented by you it seemed a shame not to make use of it wink

The stats in question look like this originally for me as text in pbParams:

VDSL Band Status	U0	U1	U2	U3	U4	D1	D2	D3
  Line Attenuation(dB):	4.5	37.3	53.3	N/A	N/A	18.1	48.0	75.4
Signal Attenuation(dB):	4.5	37.3	52.9	N/A	N/A	25.1	47.7	N/A

but the GUI summary page shows 25.1 as the D1 Line attenuation at my end. They are in the second tab of course.

Tony

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Jun-14 20:30:04
Print Post

I thought I had an email from BaldEagle which told me which fields to use for what regarding the attenuation, but can't seem to find the appropriate email, I'll have to await his reply. I've asked him to have a look at this thread.

If you hover the mouse over the values in the tables on the first two tabs it will actually tell you where the data comes from. Where it says field xx, that would be the column number if you was to open the Modem_Stats.log in a spreadsheet, it's just a CSV file. Don't work on the live file though, as the logging software won't be able to update it.

Edit: On mine, on the connection stats tab line attenuation is shown as 21.6, I don't have this value on the pbParams tab. They also come from two different fields in the modem log.

Edited by R0NSKI (Thu 26-Jun-14 20:37:29)

Standard User tbailey2
(member) Fri 27-Jun-14 07:46:47
Print Post

Thanks. I might be wrong but I guess the file you use is especially generated by BaldEagle to get an easily parsed compact record format rather than store the original modem data files. The data we are talking about comes via the pbParams command that you show the output from in Tab 2 (although not in its original format) as there is nowhere else I know of to get it.

One possible problem might be that the later 24j unlocked firmware in combo with the 3B HG612 modem gives sl different data output to the earlier version and might throw out the parsing of the files depending what he used to code from?

There are additional lines of data over the earlier versions in the xdslcmd info --stats Connection Stats output for instance, and Path 0 has changed to Bearer 0 in that output. And the data entry "LOM: " appears now six times and wasn't there before in the time period summaries at the end (what is LOM?)

Probably unlikely though as file dates show it has been updated recently.

Anyway, still a good job though.

Tony

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 27-Jun-14 08:37:01
Print Post

LOMóLoss of multiframe

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User tbailey2
(member) Fri 27-Jun-14 08:41:32
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Thanks! Not sure I've got any to lose...

Seriously Off Topic, but for any motorsport fans out there, the Goodwood Festival of Speed is live all three days from Goodwood. Quality feed. Pick it up off their site or Google 'daily telegraph goodwood' as they are also carrying it. I normally go as it's close to me but couldn't make it this time.

Tony

Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 27-Jun-14 10:22:20
Print Post

Tbailey2 thank you very much for your donation, much appreciated.

The data I use comes from two files, the modem stats log file, and the xlogfile. The xlogfile is rewritten, and the other is just appended to by HG612 stats every minute. The GUI just watches the log file and when it's updated it reads the data required from both.

We have both coded to allow for the changes in the newer firmware, so it should all be covered.

BE1 has replied to my email, this is what he said regarding the attenuation figures.

It appears that what your GUI reports as Line Attenuation is actually the overall attenuation (24.9dB DS & 0.0 dB US).

I have no idea how the HG612 calculates the overall value though.

These (overall) Line & Signal values also come from the linediag data in the Plink log:-

LATN(dB):     24.9         0.0
SATN(dB):     0.0         0.0

They are quite meaningless for a VDSL2 connection, but they are actually more informative from an ADSL connection.
'Better' Line & Signal Attenuation values per band come from the pbParams data for VDSL2 connections which is already reported as a 'picture' in the current/snapshot montage.

So it seems I may need to change the caption to include overall in it.

He also said he'll take a look at producing an image, but can't promise anything.

Best get back to work, tea breaks over.

Edit: As part of quote was missing.

Edited by R0NSKI (Fri 27-Jun-14 18:25:41)

Standard User Bald_Eagle1
(experienced) Sat 28-Jun-14 10:36:52
Print Post

I'm on the case (in between a long list of other things I have to get done).

@ tbailey2:-

Do you actually want a graphic or a text file?

Here's an example of a basic text file using the same data as in the first GUI tab.
At the moment it will be stored in the same folder as modem_stats.log & xlogfile:-

Text
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 This information shows the latest ONGOING stats obtained at 09:49 on 28/06/2014
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 
Connection up time: 2 days 5 hours 46 minutes & 27 seconds              Last Resync recorded at 24/06/2014 05:49 
Firmware version: A2pv6C038m.d24j                                       Retrain Reason: 0________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
                         Downstream      Upstream                                        Downstream      Upstream

Sync (kbps)    18703          3785                           Interleaving        367             1 Attainable rate (kbps)    21312          3803                                    INP       3.00          0.00
       Attenuation (dB)     24.9           0.0        SNR Margin (dB)      6.2           6.3
           Power (dBmV)     12.5           6.9                            SES (total)          0             0RSUnCorr errors (delta)        0             0                RSUnCorr errors (total)       4085             0
Errored seconds (delta)        0             0                Errored seconds (total)        113            25       Bitswaps (delta)        0             0                       Bitswaps (total)     105619          1579
     CRC errors (delta)        0             0                     CRC errors (total)        215            29     HEC errors (delta)        0             0                     HEC errors (total)        941             0
     FEC errors (delta)        0             0                     FEC errors (total)     468851            40________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

With more work, I could convert it into a jpeg or a png graphic.
Standard User tbailey2
(member) Sat 28-Jun-14 17:41:07
Print Post

[re: Bald_Eagle1] [link to this post]

It's very kind of you to even look at it, I was hoping it was already available. A graphic would be ideal if you can do it.

A question - the regular stats collection every xx hours. For me it runs for a while but then stops and there is no new directory created or indeed, any additions to the error logs past the time the last one was created. Looks like a process has stopped?

The every minute data logging carries on okay. If I use the GUI to reset the period it starts the x-hourly current stats creation again the next time it's due and carries on for a while...

The problem may be that the CPU is maxing out a lot - I am going to move both DSLStats and HG612 Stats to another machine tomorrow that has many more cores and is a lot faster.

I'm playing around and in the process of collecting all the data the program produces and putting it into a remote server database parsed out into enough fields to make querying historic data easier. Like show me all graphs produced over a stated period for a given graph. I suppose if I also parsed the stats files as well, you could add to that 'and CRC errors > 237' or whatever smile

How far this could be taken I don't know as it's early days but it'll take a lot of time to get running as you may well guess. Could/would you FTP the stats up to a remote server if needed immedietaly after they are produced?

Edit: I'm running Windows 8.1 Update 64-bit with all available updates but am moving it all to a Windows 7 64-bit machine.

Tony

Edited by tbailey2 (Sat 28-Jun-14 17:53:07)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to