General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User AlanPot
(newbie) Sun 29-Jun-14 14:12:42
Print Post

Superfast Cymru FTTC/P roll out.

[link to this post]

My locality comes under the Superfast Cymru roll out project. Work started in preparation for FTTP before Xmas last year and continued periodically until March with many new chambers, trenches and telegraph poles installed. Now we have been left high and dry, the work has ceased and BT have moved on to other areas. Roll out has now slipped 12 months to Dec 14. In view of the many exchanges having FTTC/P designated under this project, it would be interesting to hear if any form of FTTP has been deployed in any area of Wales (excluding commercial) or if anyone has similar experiences.
Standard User Seansmit17
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 29-Jun-14 15:29:30
Print Post

Re: Superfast Cymru FTTC/P roll out.

[re: AlanPot] [link to this post]

Can I ask where you live?

TalkTalk 80Mb
Current Line Status (Est)

Connection Speed 79999 Kbps 19999 Kbps
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 29-Jun-14 18:13:08
Print Post

[re: AlanPot] [link to this post]

Know of lots of FTTP have not seen any yet, but a trawl through the speed test database might reveal some.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User AlanPot
(newbie) Mon 30-Jun-14 09:01:30
Print Post

[re: Seansmit17] [link to this post]

I live on the Isle of Anglesey on the Brynsiencyn exchange. Roll out was initially set for Dec 13 and has been moved in stages to Dec 14 but I am not holding my breath. It is impossible to glean any information from SFC, the response is such as "unforeseen problems" or"the need to re-sequence our engineering and supply chain", whatever that means. From being amongst the first for roll out on the island, we have now been demoted to last.
  Print Thread

Jump to