General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User kingbiscit
(regular) Mon 30-Jun-14 23:00:27
Print Post

Cabinet question

[link to this post]

Hello

The estate I live on is finally getting FTTC as part of the Connecting Cheshire funding.

The estate previously had 5 grey Dslam cabinets, these have recently been changed to standard green cabs. I was just wondering will a FTTC cab be put next to each cabinet or can the phone cabs share a FTTC cabinet?

Also if for example they do just install one FTTC cabinet on the estate how would this affect my speed? Is it still the distance to my phone cabs or would it be the distance to the FTTC cabinet?

Thanks

Jono
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 30-Jun-14 23:15:56
Print Post

Re: Cabinet question

[re: kingbiscit] [link to this post]

Usually one fibre cabinet for each green street cabinet. Yours is obviously an old TPON area

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User kingbiscit
(regular) Tue 01-Jul-14 09:42:02
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes its TPON.

Do you think it will still be fibre cabinet for each street cab? There are literally 5 street cabs for a maximum of a few hundred properties.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 01-Jul-14 09:44:17
Print Post

[re: kingbiscit] [link to this post]

That is the usual way, probably not the full size cabs but a small ~100 line capacity fibre cab to each green street cab

Using one large central may make the line lengths longer which is not good for VDSL2

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User kingbiscit
(regular) Tue 01-Jul-14 09:44:59
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks, makes sense smile
  Print Thread

Jump to