General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User baldchris
(newbie) Tue 01-Jul-14 23:41:04
Print Post

Brinscall Exchange - rollout starting

[link to this post]

I chatted with the Openreach guys working in the area and they confirmed that they were already installing fibre to the Brinscall exchange. What I really want to know though, is which cabinets are going to be included in the rollout plan? I live in Wheelton, a small village next to Brinscall, so it is not guaranteed that our cabinet will be connected.

I've tried SamKnows, Openreach availability checkers, I've even tweeted superfastlancashire, but no-one even acknowledges that the rollout has even started (which it clearly has). How do I find out up to date reliable information, and how do I find out whether Wheelton is include the rollout plan?

Thanks for any help,

Chris
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 01-Jul-14 23:44:15
Print Post

Re: Brinscall Exchange - rollout starting

[re: baldchris] [link to this post]

Very difficult to find out as NGA email enquiries had stopped ages ago. U have to kept checking BT Wholesale Availability Checker once a week.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 02-Jul-14 08:43:52
Print Post

Cabinets 1 through to 6 (all of them) are in the plan, cabinet 1 might even be FTTP

No sign of plans for EO lines but that may be a later phase

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User baldchris
(newbie) Wed 02-Jul-14 09:38:24
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Fantastic news! Thank you for that information - it's great to know. I have previously been in touch with BT Wholesale to discuss the possibility of installing fttp to our property (which would be cabinet 1), so that might be coming is also good to know.

I realise I might be pushing my luck now, but do you have any indication of rollout timescales, other than 'by the end of calendar year 2014'?

Thanks again.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 02-Jul-14 09:42:41
Print Post

During 2014 is the only indication so its a case of seeing how work progresses.

NOTE FTTP teams seem to be rare, so often get called off to other places. So do not be surprised if FTTC goes live before FTTP

Also plans are subject to change of course.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User baldchris
(newbie) Wed 02-Jul-14 10:10:37
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks Andrew - I appreciate the update. At least I know it's on the way!
Standard User spin32
(newbie) Tue 19-Aug-14 16:31:46
Print Post

I too have been checking on this on an almost daily basis. I live in Withnell Fold which I thought was never going to have its local cabinet upgraded. Found the following today

http://91.194.152.202/AnitePublicDocs/00472616.pdf

Confirms it will be done in the next 2 months. Planning approved.

Wheelton must have planning in too?
Standard User baldchris
(newbie) Fri 05-Sep-14 10:08:10
Print Post

[re: spin32] [link to this post]

I've been tracking the planning applications as well - Wheelton seems to be served by Cabinet 1 which is in the middle of Higher Wheelton - about 1 mile, or just over, away. There is no planning application for a new box to be installed in Wheelton itself - so it is fingers crossed that we will be able to get fibre at all as we are at the maximum viable distance from the cabinet. Even though the speed will be slow for fibre - it will be a whole lot faster than we currently experience so fingers crossed, we can order it.
Standard User baldchris
(newbie) Wed 24-Jun-15 11:44:53
Print Post

MrSaffron - as a very well informed member on this forum, do you have any view when Cabinet 1 at the Brinscall (LCBRI) exchange is likely to go live? The BTOpenworld team have been working on the connection for at least three months now (connecting our village of Wheelton to the cabinet), but the Openworld 'when and where' site still insists that the plan to connect us is still 'under review'.

Thanks for your help smile
Standard User chimpingtonuk
(newbie) Wed 08-Jul-15 15:04:39
Print Post

Hi Chris, I also live in the village. Wondered if you had any updates on the status? Superfast lancashire are completely useless. SFL are saying another six weeks - work seems to have come to a halt again though.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to