General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Jul-14 08:46:06
Print Post

FTTP - how to check

[link to this post]

My Mum moved into a new built house at the beginning of the year which has pretty slow ADSL.

I contacted NGA Enquiries back then and they told me that FTTP was going to be put enabled for the new estate (most other places on the exchange are FTTC). Contacted them again in March and they said it should be in by end of April. Then the email address was shut down so I can't get updates from them any more.

About a month ago I checked on one of the online checkers which gave a date of end of June. Trouble is I can't remember which checker it was as none of the checkers I try now give any mention of FTTP. I think it was the "Can I get Infinity" on BT retail site but it may not have been.

Have tried BT Retail, BT Wholesale Checker and the BT Superfast Where and When site. None of them give any mention now for this address. It is not part of the BDUK and the impression I got was that BT were doing it as part of commercial rollout (although it's possible the builders are paying for it).

Anyone got ideas on somewhere I could get more info? Happy to PM the address/phone number if someone has a magic list they could look it up on?

Thanks.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 08-Jul-14 10:07:42
Print Post

Re: FTTP - how to check

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Postcode is usually enough to track down things

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Tue 08-Jul-14 10:54:24
Print Post

Try sticking the phone number in here and see what you get.

David

plusnet Unlimited customer
DrayTek Vigor 2830n

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Jul-14 11:13:10
Print Post

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

Thanks, that gives the same as the wholesale checker - no mention of FTTP.
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Jul-14 11:15:22
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks Andrew. Postcode is PO21 5AZ - the postcode has existed for years as 1 or 2 properties but a big estate has now been built there. Also, the postcode location when searching on Google maps is nowhere near where the estate actually is.

This google map shows the actual location of the estate:
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 08-Jul-14 11:24:42
Print Post

Cab 56 I presume and no plans that I can see and no other FTTP on the exchange either.

Maybe plans have changed for the worse, or original info was wrong.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Jul-14 11:28:02
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

NGA enquiries were very clear that it was going to get FTTP. And as I say, another checker did show it about a month ago. The pain is that I can no longer ask the NGA people and so they are in limbo as to whether it will actually happen. It isn't part of BDUK because it didn't exist when the tender was let.

Just have to wait and see I guess - thanks for checking your own sources.

And phone number does state cab 56 so your guess is correct.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 08-Jul-14 17:36:19
Print Post

Have you tried the builders to see what they know? I expect they will have installed all the ducting and chambers for the estate.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User B31
(newbie) Tue 08-Jul-14 21:23:01
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Even after a year or two, postcodes may not be in their systems - mine isn't !

BT ADSL customer getting 1.9 Mbps on a new road / new build development
CAB not FTTC enabled, not part of the 66% commercial plan. Not rural - no BDUK funding
(Virgin Media nearby)
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Jul-14 09:05:50
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Not at this point. I did contact the BDUK project yesterday who are saying it is included in the project but that surveys won't begin until Autumn with delivery expected next Summer - and this appears to be FTTC.

I suspect I am not going to get anything definitive until it actually happens - it could be FTTP at any time or FTTC in a year..
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to