General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Nyx
(newbie) Wed 09-Jul-14 18:32:58
Print Post

Cabinet info request

[link to this post]

Hello,

I'm hoping anyone could update me on the progress of FTTC in my area as it seems like nothing at all is happening and we've been stuck in the dark ages with sub par ADSL for so long now frown

It's cabinet 15 on the SIMONSWOOD exchange, Liverpool.

FTTC check lists it as BDUK Phase 12a but that's about it,

The cabinet is just a tens of meters away from my house but is not numbered, google maps imagery is out of date but does show the cabinet here
Standard User AndyPandy
(experienced) Thu 10-Jul-14 10:35:21
Print Post

Re: Cabinet info request

[re: Nyx] [link to this post]

I'm not sure how relevant the phase is, as they have to take into account problems that may be uncovered during the build.

However, my exchange is BDUK 12b. I've been told by ConnectingCounties that I should be able to order late summer. The Openreach site now lists it as coming soon, with a date of Dec-14 (hopefully that far out to avoid complaints). There are scheduled roadworks to raise the FTTC cab at the end of this month.

Do you see any BT works around that cab on Roadworks.org?

ZeN Office
Fritz!Box 3390
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 10-Jul-14 11:48:02
Print Post

[re: Nyx] [link to this post]

I believe this is https://www.google.com/maps/@53.452726,-2.90411,3a,7...

Cabinet 15

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Nyx
(newbie) Thu 10-Jul-14 17:02:20
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
I believe this is https://www.google.com/maps/@53.452726,-2.90411,3a,7...

Cabinet 15

Ah yes, I wonder what the other box just outside my house is then, hmm. I shall keep an eye on that cabinet instead.

To the other poster, my area seems to be in a black spot on roadworks.org unfortunately, no work being done around at all, despite me having seen the cabinet just down the road being upgraded.

Thanks both
  Print Thread

Jump to