General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Deft
(committed) Sun 13-Jul-14 18:29:08
Print Post

Thoughts on my Exchange (Bridge, NDBRI) FTTP/FTTC etc.

[link to this post]

My exchange (Bridge, NDBRI, Kent https://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/NDBRI) is "Coming soon" June 2014, and has FTTP/FTTC marked on the Openreach list.
Some roadworks happened on the high st a few weeks ago and a large green cab has materialised (opposite the Red Lion pub if anyone cares!).
However, this seems like the only green cab in the whole village from my endless pram pushing. My phone line comes up from underground and so does most of my road. Other roads seem to be all telephone poles presumably back to the actual exchange.
Does my underground line make FTTP more likely (wishful thinking on my part)?
Presumably this green cab can't supply everyone? I currently get the full 20meg ADSL2+ on Talk Talk LLU via Uno.

Edited by Deft (Sun 13-Jul-14 18:29:36)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 13-Jul-14 18:40:52
Print Post

Re: Thoughts on my Exchange (Bridge, NDBRI) FTTP/FTTC etc.

[re: Deft] [link to this post]

If you put your address into this checker, it should give you a table of estimated speeds, with FTTC or FTTP being the top line of the table.

The line above the table should repeat your address and tell you your cabinet number.

Do not use the phone number option, as yours won't work because of being TalkTalk LLU, and don't use the postcode option as hat can be very suspect in this sort of situation.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Deft
(committed) Sun 13-Jul-14 19:10:42
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks - my phone is actually still BT as the Uno broadband via TT is a SMPF job.
Address or phone number in those checkers doesn't show any FTTC/FTTP lines yet, hopefully that means the exchange is still "coming soon" rather than me being left out!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User sills
(regular) Sun 13-Jul-14 19:55:18
Print Post

I'm a bit further down the valley on the Lyminge exchange, also on the list for June 2014, and my FTTC is booked to be installed on Wednesday. We have an order in for a customer on the Wingham exchange that should be installed on Tuesday, so it looks like the local exchanges on the list are going live.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 13-Jul-14 19:55:28
Print Post

Does it give a cabinet number above the table?

If it doesn't, you are probably on an EO (Exchange Only) line, which would be bad news. If it does, post the number, and if you can't find the cabinet someone here should be able to.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 13-Jul-14 20:08:34
Print Post

The cabinet outside The Red Lion Pub is PCP 1 and according to my checks is accepting orders for FTTC, which suggests it was unlikely to be installed a few weeks ago, unless it was an additional cabinet.

Checking all addresses in the following postcodes shows.

CT4 5TN is served by PCP 1
CT4 5LA is served by PCP 1, but two properties are shown as PCP 7 (live with FFTC)
CT4 5LW are exchange only
CT4 5LT are exchange only
CT4 5JX is Exchange only
CT4 5JZ is exchange only, except for two addresses, one on cab 7 (Bridge) and the other on cab 38 (Canterbury), both showing 80Mbps, but I suspect cab 38 may be a database error.

This is only a cross section of postcodes from around Bridge, but does suggest only one cabinet, as I think perhaps cab 7 may be an error, 1 & 7 can look the same.

Standard User sills
(regular) Sun 13-Jul-14 20:16:29
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

PCP 7 is further down the Elham Valley the other side of Barham, but does seem to be live as well.
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Sun 13-Jul-14 20:22:38
Print Post

Interesting to see Bridge has started to accept orders on-time. Others such as Chilham and Wye have slipped from June to September...

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro:- Speed Test | TBB Ping
Now on twitter @timmay2
Standard User Deft
(committed) Sun 13-Jul-14 20:24:05
Print Post

frown
Looks like I am exchange only line.
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 13-Jul-14 20:28:59
Print Post

[re: sills] [link to this post]

Well I guess those listed as cab 7 in Bridge are database errors, as they sure aren't going to be getting near 80Mbps

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to