General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User AndyPandy
(experienced) Mon 14-Jul-14 09:35:04
Print Post

BDUK/Openreach RFS Dates

[link to this post]

Hi,

Samknows has now popped up an RFS date 31/12/2014 for my exchange (SMLN).

Does anyone have any experience of how accurate these area? BDUK were telling me by late summer before, and the roadworks to put in the cab are at the end of this month.

Is the RFS date the worst case scenario? Or for all the cabs? ....or am I really going to be waiting until the new year? frown

ZeN Office
Fritz!Box 3390
Standard User ShelleH
(newbie) Mon 14-Jul-14 11:21:01
Print Post

Re: BDUK/Openreach RFS Dates

[re: AndyPandy] [link to this post]

Samknows, and the Openreach where and when site originally had my exchange listed as 30/06/14 but now we have been bumped to 09/14, and the connecting Devon and Somerset update says by October now; so I don't think any of the dates are truly set in stone.

More like best 'guesstimates' from what I have seen.
Standard User AndyPandy
(experienced) Mon 14-Jul-14 11:28:33
Print Post

[re: ShelleH] [link to this post]

The BDUK site for me (ConnectedCounties) says June-December for all the cabinets in my phase.

Some in my phase are already live, so it's obviously possible mine could be done earlier, just wondering if anyone has had a date that far out, but been upgraded much sooner?

The dates seem to be in 3 month chunks, so perhaps I need to assume after September? They've laid the trunking (saw them at it, towards my PCP), so not much left to do really, right?

I've tweeted them, but they tend to be a bit vague.

ZeN Office
Fritz!Box 3390

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User IranianGiraffe
(member) Mon 14-Jul-14 15:40:19
Print Post

[re: AndyPandy] [link to this post]

My exchange and a fair few exchanges around it were upgraded a fair bit earlier,

My exchange and the one right next to mine were due to be upgraded by March 2014, they went live Dec 2013
nearby Sowton exchange was also finished a few months ahead of schedule.

On the downside another fairly close exchange was due to go live around 12months ago and it still isn't live yet (currently down for Sept but it just gets put back every quarter, blocked ducts were an issue to begin with although not sure if that's still the case)

Dates can shift a fair bit if they have issues like blocked ducts but if you don't have any issues with it if they have the cab down to be installed at the end of the month and you have seen the trunking being laid then it should be done before Dec if around here was anything to go by.
As I said though any issues like wayleave requirements, power supply issues or blocked ducts can put it back a lot.
Standard User AndyPandy
(experienced) Mon 14-Jul-14 16:21:17
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply. They did need a wayleave, but have now got it (it's being put on a council common). It's right next to a power substation (also on the common).

I'm hoping that the ducting being laid means that they didn't find any blocked ducts.

Once the cabinet's stood, and fibre blown, how long (on average of course) until the product is orderable?

ZeN Office
Fritz!Box 3390
  Print Thread

Jump to