General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-Jul-14 22:48:44
Print Post

Aargh DLM

[link to this post]

My UPS has just thrown a wobbler and caused multiple disconnects, which has caused DLM to intervene. It has lowered my previous 79999 with few errors down to 72040 again no errors. How long is it going to take to come back? I move to PlusNet tomorrow so getting them to do something is going to be easier than fighting BTs 'customer service'.

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity 2
Say it with flowers, give her a Triffid smile
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 14-Jul-14 23:48:53
Print Post

Re: Aargh DLM

[re: TheHorseman] [link to this post]

Has it turned on interleaving?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
(knowledge is power) Tue 15-Jul-14 00:04:42
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes at a depth of 1141 down, up is still fast path. Normally my connection is not interleaved up or down.

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity 2

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Rhole
(newbie) Tue 15-Jul-14 00:35:52
Print Post

I believe a post on the Plusnet website about the DLM states that it takes around 8+1 days of no errors for the DLM to give you improvements. But can slow you down at any time it sees fit.
(knowledge is power) Tue 15-Jul-14 15:34:38
Print Post

[re: Rhole] [link to this post]

I had an idea it was going to be a long wait. This is the first time that DLM has taken an interest in my line, i've had Infinity 2 (80Mb) for just over two years now.

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity 2 -> Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra
Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Tue 15-Jul-14 17:56:53
Print Post

In the past when I had really bad issues with speed drops to 10Mbps (>2 years ago, star wiring ignored by installer) it took nearly three weeks for DLM to start significant improvements, and then another week to get to a full speed (around 70Mbps for my line). I think that the DLM may have been updated to respond a bit quicker now, and also that it responds quicker after relatively minor issues. Good luck

--
Moved (with trepidation turned relief) to BT Infinity 2 for upload speed. Happy BE user for several years.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Tue 15-Jul-14 18:09:28
Print Post

This is the first time that DLM has taken an interest in my line, i've had Infinity 2 (80Mb) for just over two years now.

And it was your equipment that caused its intervention, you shouldn't really be complaining. smile

(knowledge is power) Tue 15-Jul-14 19:08:48
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

True, however I think that DLM is too quick to respond to short outages, I think that the activation threshold should be a little longer.

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity 2 -> Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra
Standard User DougM
(member) Tue 15-Jul-14 19:30:31
Print Post

I understand that BT is testing seamless rate adaption alongside vectoring, Hopefully that will ultimately replace DLM and benefit those of us who get errors rarely but enough for DLM to throttle our lines.

-==-
DougM
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 15-Jul-14 19:57:13
Print Post

[re: DougM] [link to this post]

I haven't seen any reliable source say SRA is being tested by Openreach, but even if it is it will be as a part of the DLM, not a replacement.

TheHorseman's problem is that interleaving has been introduced. That will certainly not be ditched.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to