General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User vit0
(member) Wed 16-Jul-14 22:07:42
Print Post

Hoyland (SLHY) Fibre Delays?

[link to this post]

Hello,

There seems to be people in the know on here with regards to Openreach FTTC roll outs. Just wondering if anyone knows what the hold up is with the Hoyland roll out? The live date on the wholesale checker has moved from 31-Mar to 31-Jun to 31-Sep.

Cabs have been in for about a year and as far as I'm aware none of the cabinets on the exchange have been enabled.

Cheers,
Lee

Lee
Standard User Rhole
(newbie) Thu 17-Jul-14 23:52:53
Print Post

Re: Hoyland (SLHY) Fibre Delays?

[re: vit0] [link to this post]

Can't say what the hold up is but I am over in Bolton on Dearne, near you. We run off the Goldthorpe exchange. The ECI Fibre cabinet was installed before we moved in to our house and we moved in October 2012. Fibre wasn't enabled until April this year. This was after the availability estimate we changed from July 13 to October 13 then Feb 14 then March 14 before eventually just getting enabled in April out of the blue. The enabling coincided with Barnsly council digging the pavement up to install new street light right where the cab was. So Openreach did some work while the street lights were being installed. (maybe it costs them less)

Anyway, while none of that is relevent to your situation, Cabs can be installed years before eventual turn on. A cab nearer to the center of Goldthorpe which has had a cab the same length of time is still waiting with an estimation of September 2014.

It's just sit and pray wink

EDIT: Probably going to take longer around here as there was no rush with the Digital Region SLU project already here.

Edited by Rhole (Thu 17-Jul-14 23:54:48)

Standard User vit0
(member) Sun 27-Jul-14 10:47:58
Print Post

[re: Rhole] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Rhole:
EDIT: Probably going to take longer around here as there was no rush with the Digital Region SLU project already here.

I'm hoping that they were maybe waiting for the Digital Region network to close (next month). Not going to be happy if the activation date slips again frown

Lee

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User vit0
(member) Wed 17-Sep-14 20:00:14
Print Post

Anybody know if this is on target for completion this month? Checker still states 30-Sept so I'm trying to stay positive smile

Lee

Edited by vit0 (Wed 17-Sep-14 21:01:17)

Standard User vit0
(member) Fri 26-Sep-14 20:35:22
Print Post

OK this is getting ridiculous, just checked the wholesale checker again....

"Exchange HOYLAND is served by Cabinet 15 - 30-Jun-15"

What's going on!?

Lee
Standard User vit0
(member) Fri 31-Oct-14 13:21:40
Print Post

One last bump in case any of the "in the know" people on here can check anything?

Lee
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 31-Oct-14 17:59:55
Print Post

I susspect there sections of duct in the main spine route that are congested with redundant cable that need to be removed are are waiting to be offloaded.
Standard User JaseC007
(newbie) Wed 31-Dec-14 18:54:13
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

It's getting silly, you'd think BT would give some kind of indication to what the delay is.
Standard User nihil_sleighride
(newbie) Sat 03-Jan-15 15:22:08
Print Post

[re: JaseC007] [link to this post]

I'm totally frustrated by this too. Considering that when we moved back to ADSL, following being told of the Digital Region closure, it looked like it would be only have to endure it for a couple of months.
How wrong I was. You'd have thought it would have made good business sense for Openreach to have fibre available upon DR closure.
Standard User vit0
(member) Sat 03-Jan-15 15:31:10
Print Post

[re: nihil_sleighride] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by nihil_sleighride:
I'm totally frustrated by this too. Considering that when we moved back to ADSL, following being told of the Digital Region closure, it looked like it would be only have to endure it for a couple of months.
How wrong I was. You'd have thought it would have made good business sense for Openreach to have fibre available upon DR closure.

In reply to a post by JaseC007:
It's getting silly, you'd think BT would give some kind of indication to what the delay is.

Are you both on the Hoyland exchange or just in the surrounding areas?

Lee
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to