General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Leki
(regular) Fri 18-Jul-14 18:02:08
Print Post

Are any ISP's offering FTTC migrations yet?

[link to this post]

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6526-migrating-ft...

also since most companies will make you to take a phone line along with fibre wont the phone line come with at least a 12 month contract making this a bit useless?
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 18-Jul-14 19:02:30
Print Post

Re: Are any ISP's offering FTTC migrations yet?

[re: Leki] [link to this post]

since most companies will make you to take a phone line along with fibre
Most maybe but by no means all. One, for example, being PlusNet where FTTC with the phone line with another supplier costs, I think, an additional £2.50pm.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 18-Jul-14 19:19:09
Print Post

Re: Are any ISP's offering FTTC migrations yet?

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

Correct re Plusnet, but you also have to pay a setup charge of £50 if you don't take the phone, and all the multi-month discount deals (and I think cashback sites) only apply to the bundles.

I think many outside BT/Plusnet/Sky/TalkTalk aren't bothered. Zen for example. I think charge £4.50 more, and when I went to IDNet I kept my phone with BT.

Specifically for the OP, I was on FTTC for a year with IDNet from February 2011, and migrated to Plusnet FTTC in February 2012. Amusingly I also contacted BT when I decided to leave IDNet, and they refused to believe I was on FTTC if I wasn't with them. Treated me as though I was an idiot and told me I must be on Virgin Media or not on a fibre connection at all. Even after the sales guy had been to chat with his supervisor at least twice and in the end transferred me to him.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to