General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Spikester84
(regular) Fri 18-Jul-14 21:22:41
Print Post

Lossiemouth FTTC or FTTP?

[link to this post]

Hi guys,

Its been a long time since I last posted on this forum, but I always found everyone her really helpful so hopefully somebody may be able to help me again.

Anyway my local exchange is in Lossiemouth and we recently got pretty much the whole place upgraded to fibre broadband, except my street! It is a very large street and is just over half a mile to the exchange. Now to my horror I found out that we are not connected to a cabinet here frown every other street around us is connected to a cabinet which has been upgraded to fibre, yet we seem to be on an exchange only line.

My question is to anyone in the know wink can you provide me with any information as to if my area will be getting FTTP? If it is, how long does this normally take?

My postcode is IV31 6TA

Also this is what I get about my address from a FTTC check: http://fttc-check.alc.im/search/IV316TA

Any help is very much appreciated

Thanks

Steve
(regular) Sat 19-Jul-14 20:08:29
Print Post

Re: Lossiemouth FTTC or FTTP?

[re: Spikester84] [link to this post]

Anyone? frown

Thanks

Steve
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Sun 20-Jul-14 00:19:47
Print Post

I understand Lossie falls under the Highlands & Islands Enterprise BDUK scheme, email Nick Scroggie at HIE with your cab # and he'll ask Openreach and get back to you:
nick.scroggie@hient.co.uk

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
TalkTalk Business Fibre 79987/19999 kbps
Powered by Linksys EA6900

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(regular) Sun 20-Jul-14 09:40:54
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
I understand Lossie falls under the Highlands & Islands Enterprise BDUK scheme, email Nick Scroggie at HIE with your cab # and he'll ask Openreach and get back to you:
nick.scroggie@hient.co.uk

Thanks frogmella,

Unfortunately my line is not connected to a cab, seems to be exchange only line, so I think it may complicate matters slightly.

Thanks

Steve
Standard User AndyPandy
(experienced) Sun 20-Jul-14 11:06:11
Print Post

EO line, if you're lucky, will either get FTTP, or an FTTC cabinet constructed. Worst case, nothing though.

On a side note, my family's from Lossie. Ironic that there's FTTC up there (be honest, it's a small place smile ), but down in Buckinghamshire I'm still waiting!

ZeN Office
Fritz!Box 3390
(regular) Sun 20-Jul-14 12:01:10
Print Post

[re: AndyPandy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AndyPandy:
EO line, if you're lucky, will either get FTTP, or an FTTC cabinet constructed. Worst case, nothing though.

On a side note, my family's from Lossie. Ironic that there's FTTC up there (be honest, it's a small place smile ), but down in Buckinghamshire I'm still waiting!

On the BT sheet of exchanges that are live, it says for Lossie FTTC/P so thats why I thought that may be a possibility..... also i'm seeing Openreach vans going in and out of Lossie everyday so they surely must still be doing work?? I think it's strange that my street is on an exchange only line, as the street is only around 20 years old and is about 3/4mile away from the exchange, there are closer streets to the exchange than me and they are all on cabs???

I'm just hoping we can get BT Infinity soon

Thanks

Steve

Edited by Spikester84 (Sun 20-Jul-14 12:04:05)

Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Sun 20-Jul-14 14:08:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by Spikester84:
Unfortunately my line is not connected to a cab, seems to be exchange only line, so I think it may complicate matters slightly.

In that case you should still contact HIE (obviously state you're on an EO line) as they will tell you what is planned for your postcode and when. My tiny piddly exchange in the Highlands (Inverness Culloden) has many EO lines and some of these properties are now beginning to get FTTC/FTTP so Openreach are doing something about EO lines..... smile

TalkTalk Business Fibre 79987/19999 kbps