General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User fissionc
(newbie) Mon 21-Jul-14 15:27:33
Print Post

Who to contact

[link to this post]

Hi all -

The company I work for is inside an office in a multi floored business centre within a postcode that is enabled for Fibre. I've been told by my ISP (Talk Talk) that I cannot get fibre on our floor - even though other floors do have it. One of my neighbours on the 3rd (we are on the second) even gets theirs through Talk Talk!

Who should I speak to to clarify this, my Landlord, Talk Talk or Open Reach?

Thanks
John
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 21-Jul-14 15:46:10
Print Post

Re: Who to contact

[re: fissionc] [link to this post]

Who is the telephone line with?

If you have a copper telephone line provided over Openreach network and connected to an FTTC enabled cabinet then it should be possible.

There are a few instances where TalkTalk will not offer FTTC, best checker is https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html but if its a TalkTalk phone number you will need to use the Address Checker.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User fissionc
(newbie) Mon 21-Jul-14 15:56:05
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks MrSaffron

The number is with TalkTalk - installed by OpenReach. and the cabinet outside the building has definitely been upgraded. Just checked on the address and through BT our office can be upgraded to fibre.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 21-Jul-14 16:15:00
Print Post

[re: fissionc] [link to this post]

In which case just TalkTalk being daft looks most likely and maybe confused if others have it at the same exact address.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to