General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User damonq2
(newbie) Mon 21-Jul-14 21:35:23
Print Post

Cabinet 1 on Edinburgh Morningside (ESMOR) Exchange

[link to this post]

Hi,

Long time reader but just recently signed up in order to post. Not too sure whether or not anyone will have any more information but here goes.

I'm know I'm connected to cabinet 1 on Edinburgh Morningside (ESMOR) exchange. The new FTTC cabinet was installed in February 2013 and, I believe, the other works between the existing street cabinet and the power supply were carried out shortly after. Since then I have seen the availability date slip further and further back, currently the BT Wholesale ADSL Checker states the 30 September 2014 quarter date as the availability date. Openreach have just completed some works in an adjacent street (cutting a new trench between two existing inspection chambers in Strathern Road) which I assume is something to do with getting the fibre to cabinet 1 (the cabinet on the corner of Strathern Road and Strathfillan Road has been live for some time).

So my question is this, can I have any confidence that I might be able to order an FTTC product by 30 September 2014? Does anyone have any further information regarding cabinet 1 which might point to when it'll start accepting orders?

Thanks in advance,

Damon.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 21-Jul-14 22:36:14
Print Post

Re: Cabinet 1 on Edinburgh Morningside (ESMOR) Exchange

[re: damonq2] [link to this post]

There is a chance but I would not bet a months salary on it, maybe £2

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User damonq2
(newbie) Tue 22-Jul-14 19:17:26
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Ah well. Thanks for replying. I'd best not get my hopes up!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User damonq2
(newbie) Tue 23-Sep-14 10:02:55
Print Post

[re: damonq2] [link to this post]

In case it helps anyone else, I noticed that cabinet 1 on Morningside (ESMOR) exchange is now accepting orders. Mine's already been placed.
  Print Thread

Jump to