General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 22-Jul-14 20:14:01
Print Post

Can anyone makes sense of this?

[link to this post]

A Computer Weekly report.

The only way I can is by assuming that:-
C4DI now has access to KCís Lightstream business broadband product, a fibre-to-the-premises (FTTP) solution with download speeds of up to 100Mbps.
is mistakenly left in from a cut-and paste, or similar re-use of another article. Perhaps one that didn't mention C4DI but covered the optional 350Mbps Lightstream product he has.

Anyway! 3Gbps symmetric is something else for businesses.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.6/14.1Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 22-Jul-14 20:22:39
Print Post

Re: Can anyone makes sense of this?

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Maybe CW need to have it explained that fibre leased line has been available outside of any FTTP foot print for sometime.

Or maybe they have gone and installed a 100 Mbps KC connection to every desk, rather than a 3 Gbps leased line split 30 ways.

At end of the day, any landlord worth their rent payments would have sorted out stuff like this before offering offices to tech startups anyway.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to