General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Jez_
(newbie) Wed 23-Jul-14 13:59:07
Print Post

Bampton Castle SMBNC, Oxfordshire, Cabinet 2

[link to this post]

Hi,

I am a long time reader of this forum and thought i would finally sign up to see if any of you have any further information which is not in the public domain regarding cabinet 2 on Bampton castle (SMBNC) located in Aston, West Oxfordshire.

I have been following the BDUK Oxfordshire rollout with interest through roadworks.org, and notice that a number of fibre laying works have been completed in and around Aston/Bampton.

The first phase of these appeared to link Aston (my location) with Bampton (exchange location and several other cabinets with fibre twins). The latest phase appears to be due to complete this Friday (25th) which seems to be linking Brize Norton (FTTC enabled) with Bampton itself. I have also noticed a few trucks towing reels of what i guess is armoured fibre cable on the routes as indicated on the roadworks. My actual fibre twin for cabinet 2 went in the ground with power connected to it a couple of months ago.

Thankyou for any information any of you may have about it, i am rather hoping that all of this fibre cable work is the final piece of the jigsaw for it. Plenty of other BDUK cabs in West Oxon have gone live already so heres hoping..

Jeremy

Edited by Jez_ (Wed 23-Jul-14 14:08:55)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 23-Jul-14 14:08:33
Print Post

Re: Bampton Castle SMBNC, Oxfordshire, Cabinet 2

[re: Jez_] [link to this post]

If the drums are around 4ft diameter and 1 inch thick black cable with a yellow stripe that is fibre tubing, no fibre in it yet but if pulled through ducting and this black tube contains smaller tubes that the fibre is then blown through.

Looks like probably cabinets 1 to 4 will get FTTC for now.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Jez_
(newbie) Wed 23-Jul-14 14:12:26
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi MrSaffron

Thankyou for replying, i really appreciate any insight smile

Edit, i just re-read your post correctly, i read it as 1 & 4 rather than 1-4.

Do you have any further information or detail regarding any scopes of works or timescales as to when BT are likely to be completing the work? It seems as though it is almost there.

Thanks again
Jeremy

Edited by Jez_ (Wed 23-Jul-14 14:17:14)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 23-Jul-14 14:18:11
Print Post

[re: Jez_] [link to this post]

No dates sorry and no time to go find the cabinets on google maps today

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Jez_
(newbie) Wed 23-Jul-14 14:22:48
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi,

Really it is only cabinet 2 which i am interested in, which i obviously can see as it is my local cabinet 450m from my house.

Cabinet 5 also in Aston i notice isnt getting a fibre twin (fttc-check.alc.im, and a total lack of any works on it physically) for whatever reason so you saying 1-4 tallies with that assumption.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply anyway, if anyone has access to any non public information regarding BT's scheduling or anything of the sort, i would be very interested indeed.

Thanks again
Jeremy
  Print Thread

Jump to