General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Jax2
(learned) Tue 29-Jul-14 19:09:08
Print Post

Thank you Openreach (Not)

[link to this post]

Says it all really:
http://community.fttc-check.alc.im/30-pcp-data-removed

Thanks for the info you did make available Adam, it was very useful.
Standard User PaulKirby
(newbie) Tue 29-Jul-14 19:34:35
Print Post

Re: Thank you Openreach (Not)

[re: Jax2] [link to this post]

Yeah, it was a shame, now there is nothing stopping openreach from changing the status of "Part of BT's 66% Commercial Plan" to "Not being deployed as part of BT's 66% Commercial Plan" as well as changing the phase and dates of the rollout to a later one, see that's the reason why I think Openreach and then BT moaned at him to remove it.
All because those 3 parts of information is my guesses on why he had to remove it.

TBH I couldn't see the issue in having Adam running his site, it certainly wasn't to do with all the Postcodes due to Google Maps would of been told to remove all the post codes on there.

As for openreach updating the fibre search down to the cabinet level, I bet those 3 parts of info won't be there, you can be assure of that.
Standard User Fastman2
(member) Tue 29-Jul-14 19:39:23
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

as i have said before it openreach commercial data provided in confidence under strict disclosure terrms for CP's issued for guidance and not public consumption - and is nor for onward distribution outside of Cps

Edited by Fastman2 (Tue 29-Jul-14 19:39:59)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Fastman2
(member) Tue 29-Jul-14 19:47:06
Print Post

not sure what you issue is if something is being provided by a company (at no cost to you) in terms of infrastructure outlay then that business whatever industry it is in has the right to determine how and where to spend its money for the most commerciall returns or not as the case or may be or in a while because itt needs to do other things first - we seen a number of threads where other operarors have had no interest in extending their network and that is down to the ROI it would gain for the outlay and the payback

Edited by Fastman2 (Tue 29-Jul-14 19:51:46)

Standard User PaulKirby
(newbie) Tue 29-Jul-14 19:58:44
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

I have no issues with that, I have issues with them setting a date with my ISP back in 2011 where they have started to do the work to stop for a year then install stuff up my pole to then do nothing for another year without even telling my ISP why.
And what has made it bad is the we cannot even get broadband on our phone line due to a mess up with BT and last BB Provider also our exchange wouldn't be able provide us even with ADSL 2+ until the end of August anyhow due to no free ports.

And all this issue with FTTP and with ADSL 2+ has started to all build up.
Standard User mikejp
(regular) Tue 29-Jul-14 20:04:28
Print Post

[re: Jax2] [link to this post]

"BT Openreach have requested" - sounds quite benign, doesn't it? What did they actually threaten?
Standard User Fastman2
(member) Tue 29-Jul-14 20:15:17
Print Post

surprised a Date was set with the ISP especially if this is FTTP -- soundsl like CP jumped the gun not sure how the CP could have offered you a service if the buikd was not complete -odd in the extreme but not surpising - just an aside who was the CP
Standard User Fastman2
(member) Tue 29-Jul-14 20:18:31
Print Post

was the 2011 date at an exchange level as there is serious misconception that all cabs on an exchnage are enabled whenr the exchnage is enabled so it is entirely possible that the exchnage was enabled in 2011 and an number of cabs were deployed -- anyhting to do with FTTP is hard complex and time comsuming ano not easy to do

i
Standard User PaulKirby
(newbie) Tue 29-Jul-14 20:39:22
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

Well the provider that we was offered to test the 100Mbit FTTP back in 2011 was Zen.
We well my brother (owner of connection at the time) was told that our exchange has just been upgraded to both FTTC and FTTP and where our postcode was down for FTTP which they are currently installing now and would we be interested in the trial, we said yes and they said ok.
We was told that it could take anything from a few weeks to a couple of Months which we said fine.

Long story short, they got around to the installing of the manifold and the bottle of the pole and nothing else has happened for over a year.
It has got to a point where half our road has been installed FTTP but their phones are connected to a different cabinet.
And both that cabinet and ours was to be done the same time, yet that other cabinet was done ages ago.

And when our provider tried to get any answers on the delay from openreach they got no response from them.
So its nearly been 3 years since we was suppose to of been given FTTP.

I understand installing fibre isn't that easy and can be tricky due to blockage etc, I have worked with fibre before, granted it was over 20 years ago and things have changed, but I just cannot see the difference between the difficulty between FTTC and FTTP granted FTTP needs to go a little further than what the FTTC does, but an extra couple of hundred metres shouldn't cause that much issue.
But like I said maybe a blockage underground or a tight fit with all the copper wires there may be a factor, but they could of at least notified our ISP of this and at least we would know why the delay and that they will be finishing it later on.
Standard User B31
(learned) Tue 29-Jul-14 21:20:48
Print Post

Shame it has gone.

Although the information was negative for me (not part of the 66%) at least it was clear what the status was.

BT ADSL customer getting 1.9 Mbps on a new road / new build development
CAB not FTTC enabled, not part of the 66% commercial plan. Not rural - no BDUK funding
(Virgin Media nearby)
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to