General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Irby
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Aug-14 12:00:18
Print Post

Where and when - updated

[link to this post]

New information now displayed on http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

Irby cabinet locations - http://tinyurl.com/irbycabinets
Standard User MrFied
(newbie) Tue 05-Aug-14 13:01:19
Print Post

Re: Where and when - updated

[re: Irby] [link to this post]

No new information for me sadly frown

I still get the question mark with "Superfast Fibre is in your area but we can’t tell by your postcode if you can get it right now. Please contact your communications provider, who can check using your phone number"

I've cleared my cache and so on, but no dice.
Standard User mlmclaren
(committed) Tue 05-Aug-14 13:21:31
Print Post

What sort of information do you get now,

Only update I can see at my end is it now shows the the exchange marker closer to my location and instead of under evaluation I get the following..

Exchange Name: KINGS NORTON

We’re keen to bring Superfast Fibre to your area and are exploring how best to achieve that. We may deliver it as part of our commercial programme, or by working in partnership with your local authority. At the moment you can’t order Superfast Fibre. For more information visit the FAQ section.

Does this mean that FTTC might no be rolled out but an alternative solution will be??

UPDATE: Another exchange near me that was Under Evaluation (Wythall) has also got the same status as mine, So I maybe it means they aren't funding it and seeing if anyone else will...

@networkmclaren -- Please Don't under estimate my knowledge.
VirginMedia HFC 152/12 > Super Hub V2 (Router Mode)
My Ookla Speedtest My TBB Speedtest Ookla Ping Test My O2 Mobile Speed Test (Bypass APN)
My Rapidswitch BQM My AAISP BQM My TBB BQM

Edited by mlmclaren (Tue 05-Aug-14 13:24:38)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User youngsyp
(member) Tue 05-Aug-14 13:35:48
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

I get this result (now) on my exchange, where previously it was 'NC'. We have 2 shiny new fibre cabinets next to 2 PCP's in the exchange area, and have had for a month now but, the cabinets aren't powered up and as far as I can tell, the exchange isn't enabled yet either.
My enablement comes under BDUK.

It's a waiting game now!

Paul

ISP: Xilo
Service: Talk & Surf 100
Exchange: SMYG
Cabinet: 4
MSAN: Broadcom
Router: Billion BiPac 7800N
Attenuation:38.5dB - 40dB (weather dependent)
Target SNRM: 3.3dB or 53% of ISP
Current sync: 9823kbps
FTTC cab in place but not enabled..... yet!

Edited by youngsyp (Tue 05-Aug-14 13:37:27)

Standard User mlmclaren
(committed) Tue 05-Aug-14 13:40:26
Print Post

[re: youngsyp] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by youngsyp:
We have 2 shiny new fibre cabinets next to 2 PCP's in the exchange area, and have had for a month now but, the cabinets aren't powered up and as far as I can tell, the exchange isn't enabled yet either.
My enablement comes under BDUK.

It's a waiting game now!

Paul

Any chance they could be covererd by a different exchange, not the PCP but the NGA Fibre

@networkmclaren -- Please Don't under estimate my knowledge.
VirginMedia HFC 152/12 > Super Hub V2 (Router Mode)
My Ookla Speedtest My TBB Speedtest Ookla Ping Test My O2 Mobile Speed Test (Bypass APN)
My Rapidswitch BQM My AAISP BQM My TBB BQM
Standard User Gadget
(committed) Tue 05-Aug-14 13:42:48
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

From a couple of checks I have done it appears that it changes the exchange status depending on the cabinet result – so for a cabinet that is enabled and the sole supply for a postcode the exchange flag shows “accepting orders” (we don’t have any full cabs yet to test that response). Equally if more than one cabinet supplies the postcode it cannot resolve at postcode level
Standard User RossMcG
(regular) Tue 05-Aug-14 13:47:37
Print Post

Superfast Fibre is in your area but we can’t tell by your postcode if you can get it right now. Please contact your communications provider, who can check using your phone number. Check out our FAQ for more information.

lol my entire postcode area is exchange only, idiots! They should add the middle finger salute for those in the "never gonna get it " category
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 05-Aug-14 13:50:59
Print Post

[re: RossMcG] [link to this post]

To say you are NEVER going to get it because you have Exchange Only is wrong.

The timescale is unknown, certainly some EO is getting improvements and some even getting FTTP.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RBD
(regular) Tue 05-Aug-14 14:03:02
Print Post

[re: MrFied] [link to this post]

my status has changed even though it hasnt been mentioned on the BBFN website, the exchange status has been changed from under evaluation to exploring solutions for long stratton.
Standard User Ev_Networks
(newbie) Tue 05-Aug-14 14:46:24
Print Post

[re: RBD] [link to this post]

Hi everyone,

We've done some testing on the new FTTC availability checker and from what we've seen it doesn't seem very accurate.

If anyone is interested, we've published a blog post about our findings in more detail... http://www.evolving-networks.co.uk/blog/fttc/openrea...

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to