General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tthom
(member) Mon 11-Aug-14 16:20:57
Print Post

Fttc speed estimate

[link to this post]

Hi all,

My cab went live today so I placed my order for BT infinity and got the estimate of 43-60meg.

So after I did this I wondered what others around me would get and I found out something seems wrong.. I stay in a block of 6 flats and there is more blocks of flats to each side of mine, I would say there is 12 blocks on each side, so I figured out the route to the cab is to the right along the street and the flats to the right get an estimate of 65meg compared to my 60 but the next 2 blocks to the left get 65 also.

Can anyone work this out only reason I can think of is my line is rolled up under ground lol

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 11-Aug-14 16:31:15
Print Post

Re: Fttc speed estimate

[re: tthom] [link to this post]

Personally I would not lose sleep over it, the figures are estimates and have no-one has sat down and gone through all 29 million lines by hand to do the calculations or verify precise line records.

In short until you get connected you won't know for sure, the estimate gives a ball park and something to moan about if it is substantially wrong once you go live.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User tthom
(member) Mon 11-Aug-14 16:32:57
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks Andrew,

Not losing sleep as such lol just curious.

I was more concerned when the fella at BT said I could only get 40/10 but it went to my estimate as the order went on

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 11-Aug-14 16:38:07
Print Post

[re: tthom] [link to this post]

Infinity 1 has a product limit of 40/10. So you would only see faster if you actually ordered an Infinity 2 product i.e. based on the up to 80/20 product from Openreach

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User tthom
(member) Mon 11-Aug-14 16:40:38
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

It was infinity 2 that I was trying to order

Print Thread

Jump to