General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User FredTheB
(newbie) Tue 12-Aug-14 17:20:52
Print Post

When will engineering start??

[link to this post]

HI,

I know I will be able to order FTTC in August next year but I was just wondering when they are going to start all the building and installing the new cab and everything

Cab 2
Danehill Exhange
Postcode: RH17 7AU
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 12-Aug-14 17:25:03
Print Post

Re: When will engineering start??

[re: FredTheB] [link to this post]

Could be tomorrow - could be July 2015. Plans also might change and cabinet not get done, i.e. never gamble on future plans

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User youngsyp
(member) Tue 12-Aug-14 17:26:01
Print Post

If you check roadworks.org, you'll notice there's a fair amount of work around you to clear ducts this month. Seems like the work to get you enabled will start happening shortly.

Paul

ISP: Xilo
Service: Talk & Surf 100
Exchange: SMYG
Cabinet: 4
MSAN: Broadcom
Router: Billion BiPac 7800N
Attenuation:38.5dB - 40dB (weather dependent)
Target SNRM: 3.3dB or 53% of ISP
Current sync: 9823kbps
FTTC cab in place but not enabled..... yet!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User FredTheB
(newbie) Tue 12-Aug-14 17:26:58
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Ok thx. what do you mean 'never gamble'. WSBT told me august i will be able to get infinity
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 12-Aug-14 17:37:26
Print Post

Never guaranteed until the FTTC cabinet is stood up!
Standard User Stevenage_Neil
(committed) Tue 12-Aug-14 17:48:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by FredTheB:
I know I will be able to order FTTC in August next year...........

Ok thx. what do you mean 'never gamble'. WSBT told me august i will be able to get infinity

I can sell you some prime building land in Florida......or a really good timeshare in the Ukraine....

Edited by Stevenage_Neil (Tue 12-Aug-14 17:49:18)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 12-Aug-14 18:16:36
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Not even guaranteed then - since some cabs have had to be moved after being stood due to objections, or unforeseen issues with duct blockages, that can cause a re-site or long delays.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 12-Aug-14 18:18:13
Print Post

Never bank on future plans where there is public money involved, we have a General Election looming a new broom might totally change things and block any more gap funded roll-out.

While am sure the best effort is to hit next summer, some have had delays of a year or more from original 'promised' dates. The promises are generally just estimates.

Standard User FredTheB
(newbie) Wed 13-Aug-14 13:32:39
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Here is an email from west sussex broadband

Good morning Mr Butler

Thank you for your emails. The survey of Danehill cabinet 2 is scheduled to take place in the first quarter of 2015. Subject to the successful outcome of the survey, notifications will be submitted to the local planning authority and highways authority for their comments on the proposed location of the new DSLAM. After these approvals are granted, the engineering works will commence to stand the new DSLAM cabinet and attach it to the network. It takes between six and nine months for the cabinet build to be completed and we expect services to be available from ISPs from September next year.

The engineering works have been scheduled to allows us to achieve the best possible coverage for the county in the most cost effective way. Whilst we appreciate that it may be frustrating to have to wait a little longer for improved services, our understanding is that, given your proximity to the cabinet, you should expect to have access to very fast speeds once services become available.

Best wishes

Broadband Team
Standard User Stevenage_Neil
(committed) Wed 13-Aug-14 14:05:32
Print Post

Thank you for your emails. The survey of Danehill cabinet 2 is scheduled to take place in the first quarter of 2015. Subject to the successful outcome of the survey, notifications will be submitted to the local planning authority and highways authority for their comments on the proposed location of the new DSLAM. After these approvals are granted, the engineering works will commence to stand the new DSLAM cabinet and attach it to the network. It takes between six and nine months for the cabinet build to be completed and we expect services to be available from ISPs from September next year.

Sounds a bit non-committal on any fixed dates to me....
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to