General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Moulie
(newbie) Wed 13-Aug-14 16:13:04
Print Post

FTTC Braintree cab 78

[link to this post]

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help me find a way to get info on my cab. I live in Braintree in Essex and am connected to cab 78 according to both the open reach engineers I talk to in the street and the bt wholesale checker. All the cabs around mine have a nice, big, green fibre cab next to the old, decrepit, copper cab. But cab 78 is all on its own.

Trying to talk to my ISP (talktalk) or BT is like banging your head off of a brick wall, with them knowing nothing (BT), promising it will be sorted by [insert month] (BT promised 2 months at the most just before the Olympics opened in London!) or just trying to get me to extend my contract with a vague promise of some line boost or other (talktalk). I tried to speak to openreach themselves, once. You would have thought I had the phone version of leperosy judging by their reaction.

How do I find out why they missed my cab off the upgrade list, or if they even know that they missed it, when doing the others in the area. Or better still when it will be done. Most speed tests show me running at 3.5-4.5 meg down and 0.6-0.7 meg up but when the best steam will do on my line is 0.5 meg, then downloading Assassins Creed at 29 gig file size was a frustrating 3 days to say the least! How can I force BT/openreach/talktalk into allowing me into the current century?

Regards
Moulie
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 13-Aug-14 16:30:10
Print Post

Re: FTTC Braintree cab 78

[re: Moulie] [link to this post]

Small cabinet, you are either CM7 1DF or CM7 1AR unless lots of new build where postcodes are very new, or just missing.

Would be shocked to see a cab this small on the BT commercial plans and the Essex project can easily overlook you, as there will be many other cabinets that give a better return on the investment, also with over 2 Meg no benefit for them in turns of USC spending.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Moulie
(newbie) Wed 13-Aug-14 16:38:05
Print Post

Re: FTTC Braintree cab 78

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi,
CM7 1AR. So is it a hopeless situation expecting anything beyond the current situation do you recon? I have not heard of the Essex project, is this another set of people I can nag? (As long as they don't play Neon Rainbow by the Box Tops like Talktalk do while on hold.....boy, do I dislike that song now!) do you think there is anything I could do?

Regards

Moulie

P.S. Have just found 'superfastessex' and their postcode checker says 'rollout commencing 2015' , but I have dropped them an email just to be safe, although the "we will reply within 14 days" made me chuckle.

Edited by Moulie (Wed 13-Aug-14 17:21:04)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to