General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User whinney
(newbie) Thu 21-Aug-14 17:12:47
Print Post

Fibre Broadband availability

[link to this post]

Superfast Lancashire inform me that High Speed Fibre Braodband will shortly be available on my line. I have checked with BT and find that BT Infinity is indeed available now.
Checking with Sky the support person tells me that they cannot supply any kind of Broadband at this time. Accooding to Sam Knows, my exchange - Wilpshire, has LLU for O2/BE, BT, Sky and Talk Talk. Bearing this in mind, I find it difficult to understand why Sky tell me they cannot supply me with Broadband, can anyone tell me why?
My current ISP is Demon with whom I get speeds of approx. 3.5 Mb and 0.9 Mb, so whilst the speed is somewhat reduced due to my distance from the Exchange (approx. 2.5 miles by road) it is not an unreasonable speed.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 21-Aug-14 17:18:07
Print Post

Re: Fibre Broadband availability

[re: whinney] [link to this post]

Because Sky may not have

a) Updated its internal databases to show FTTC is available
b) Is it WBC FTTP showing, Sky do not sell this only the GEA-FTTC service
c) Sky may not have ordered, or are waiting for the GEA-Fibre link between their LLU kit and the fibre kit to be installed.

So may be one or those or all of those, or a mixture.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User whinney
(newbie) Mon 25-Aug-14 14:35:44
Print Post

Re: Fibre Broadband availability

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Mr. Saffron, many thanks for your reply. At least the position is a little clearer now.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to